No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine looking rifle. I believe that mcwoody and a color case hardened action would be almost too pretty to shoot. almost

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
      I think the members who bought last year 100, I think should have first right of refusal on this years build.
      Why?

No reason to be pressured into something you don’t want in hopes of getting in on the next one. They won’t all appeal to everyone and in a custom there is no reason to settle

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
        Fine looking rifle. I believe that mcwoody and a color case hardened action would be almost too pretty to shoot. almost
        Yes sir, they are a very good alternative for wood or laminate stocks. I understand from Robert that there is a Ceracoat finish that is very similar in looks to traditional hot bluing. I think a case colored action, bluing and a Mcwoody would make a pretty rifle.

Comment

Maybe this will help clear up some things on different stock options. Even if #2 isn't the clear winner yet. Haha.

This is the one I chose for the prototype build. McMillan Game hunter. High comb, 28 oz stock after bedding.

This is the adjustable option from McMillan. Adjustable Game Warden. 41 oz before bedding.

This is another adjustable option from AG. Very similar to last year's. 40 oz before bedding

This is two of them side by side to illustrate exactly how much higher the comb on the Game Hunter is than a standard stock. It will likely accomplish 90% of what the adjustable does at a significant weight and cost savings.

Now you guys can make a more informed decision based on some actual numbers.

Comment

McMillan Game hunter works for me!

Comment

I vote Game Hunter

Comment

Game hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd be happy either way the group decides to go. Thanks Robert!

Comment

I'm sticking with Option #2 and Game Hunter stock.

Comment

Definitely gamehunter if you are going option#2.

Comment

So is a light weight #3 off the table?

Comment

I could roll with the gamehunter though I prefer an adj comb

Comment

So game warden is out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the game hunter more than adjustable.

Comment

How significant is the price difference between the 3 stocks?

Not a fan of the game warden and since this really isn't an ultralite build does the weight delta really matter? Either of the adjustable stocks are fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X