Fighter jets-Love Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighter jets-Love Field

Anybody else at or near Love? 3 fighter jets took off about 20 mins ago. Looked like F-22’s. I was getting fuel across the street and they buzzed right over on takeoff. What an amazing sound! Anybody else see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen 1, heard the other two. Loud enough to rattle my good tooth!

Comment

I had a neat experience about 5 years ago... I was at Alliance about to go to Amarillo with a kid in a Cessna 172... (that was a story in itself.) While I am waiting on the pilot to show up, another pilot in very good physical condition and wearing what I would assume is what air force pilots wear when they're flying walks in, goes into the restroom... I look out the window and sure enough, there is a fighter jet (not sure what kind) refueling! I struck up a conversation and found out he was going from Florida to California and Fort Worth Alliance was the half way point to stop and refuel. I got to see him take off... sweetest thing ever.

Comment

The story with the Cessna...I'll spare you most of the details but some of you may know Amarillo is where Bell Helicopter produces the V-22 Osprey. Basically when we came in to land, there were 3 or 4 V-22's coming in, landing, flying around... Really neat experience I will never forget. Pilot was always a pipe dream of a career.

Comment

I work just down the street from Love Field. We see a couple every month or two.

Comment

I saw them walking into my office! Crazy. Doing touch and goes I bet

Comment

It sure was exciting. One of the coolest sounds, hearing those suckers tear through the sky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Touch & goes happen weekly at alliance and they fly right over our apartment complex.
                While some people find them cool and exciting ..... after working on a flight deck of a carrier while in the Navy i've seen and heard enough!

Comment

Heck yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X