Being overqualified sucks sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being overqualified sucks sometimes

Been told having management and business ownership experience hurts my chances at certain jobs. Apparently being a go-getter is not what some employers want.

Oh well, just the way some things are.

Very sad.

Being older isn't helping me much either.

Comment

Been through this several times myself. Boils down to no one wanting to pay the salary of someone with experience. No matter how well you do you job with efficiency, bottom line is the almighty dollar. Being older definitely doesn't help either.

The old addage, "You get what you pay for" is so true. And I've seen it bite companies in the arse for it many times.

There was an article on LinkedIn addressing this very issue. Some companies get it, most don't. . .

Comment

True to an extent. However, I see the other side as well. The potential employer may feel you are just "settling" for something in the short-term and you might be out the door in 3-6 months as soon as something better comes your way.

If you are over qualified and are really just looking for a change of pace (i.e. want to keep job for the long-term), you should be up-front to potential employers about that.

Comment

Working...
        X