Crossbow broadhead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow broadhead question

Thinking about getting the wife a crossbowDue to physical reasons what broadheads are you guys using I am kind of a mechanical hate her myself she has always used at 100 Grain Magnus stinger should that be all right ? Thx

Magnus shoot fine for my dad…he usually keeps a few fixed blades in his quiver for pigs but he shoots Grim Reapers for deer and turkeys

Comment

NAP Spitfires work well for my buddy. He’s killed antelope up to 45 yards with them.

Comment

I have used Slick Tricks in the past but use NAP Spitfire (pre made in China) and Grimm Reapers

Comment

Rage hypos are devastating in a crossbow. That's all my wife shoots
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            NAP Spitfires work well for my buddy. He’s killed antelope up to 45 yards with them.

Spitfires is what my wife has used with excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ramcats

Bought about 20 pks on clearance at Walmart last year. Came w Blazer shrink wrap vanes too.

Says x-bow on the pkg but I don't see a difference. Big cut fixed and fly right.
              Only prob is a 20" bolt "BARELY" clears the rail on my Stryker. Really need about a 20.5" bolt.

I gottem for my grandson to use. They worked wonders on this dude. 25yd shot, 60 yd recovery.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_144050.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	24653124

Comment

I second the Rage Crossbow Hypo's... they can't tote em far and leave a hell of a blood trail
                Attached Files

Comment

NAP FOC. Only head I've found that won't break blades out of a crossbow.

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of fixed blades out of a crossbow. You have a larger margin of error should something bad happen if your shooting a wide cutting expandable.... case in point are the pics below. Buddy of mine shot this guy opening morning of Oklahoma's season out of a ground blind. The deer was inside a feed pen but right up next to the panel at 22 yards. Buddy was shooting a 1" fixed blade Excalibur broadhead. He shot and one of the ferrule's hit the cattle panel, arced upwards into the buck, and came out the top of his back right between his shoulder blades. Had he been shooting the Rage Hypo's, he wouldn't of hit the panel first of all, and second, I feel like he would've recovered the buck since the Hypo's are 2+ inches cutting diameter.

Lucky for me, the buck wasn't mortally wounded and I ended up killing him in late October with a muzzleloader. (I had the taxi leave the scar on the buck's hide after getting him shoulder mounted lol)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful deer, but that seems like a poor shot and not a fault of the broad head.

I’m using Muzzy Trocar fixed blade. Shoots straight and kills what I shoot at. No reason to trade out for anything.

Comment

Rage hypos. I never trusted mechanicals until I gave the Rages a chance. They are very accurate and lethal.

Comment

Spitfires

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                            NAP FOC. Only head I've found that won't break blades out of a crossbow.
                            Seconded. I have found they will open up when launched at over 400 FPS, though. Missed 2 deer last year with a new Xbow. Missed both by 24" at 18 yards! The equivalent weight field points flew perfectly, all the way to 50 yards. Put the broadheads on and boom, shoot 2' low.

Comment

My kids and I shoot traditional muzzy broad heads out of our crossbow. The kinetic energy they carry knocks giant holes in pigs and deer. Blood trail always looks like you used a machete.

Comment

Working...
                              X