Bulk Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk Corn

I've Called Bryant in Aledo and a couple places in Graham (Farmers, J&N). Nobody sells bulk corn. Does anyone buy it this way? I'm wanting to pull up in the truck and fill a large tank and maybe a couple of drums. Thinking it's a lot cheaper than sacks. Anyone do this? Or, Where?

North Texas

Anyone?

Comment

We get ours in El Campo

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
        I've Called Bryant in Aledo and a couple places in Graham (Farmers, J&N). Nobody sells bulk corn. Does anyone buy it this way? I'm wanting to pull up in the truck and fill a large tank and maybe a couple of drums. Thinking it's a lot cheaper than sacks. Anyone do this? Or, Where?

North Texas
        I have done it in S Texas but it really wasn't worth it since I only buy 2000lbs at a time. If I recall it came out to a savings of .35cents/50lbs.

Comment

We payed $7 a hundred. But that was two years ago. Pre covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post

North Texas
            Out of curiosity, how are you going to manage the large tank and drums once they are full (500+ lbs) in the back of your truck? That seems like more work than some bags.

Comment

I cut the top out of a water tote. Holds about 1200 lbs. mainly use it for hand corn and road feeder corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually go to Gorman. Red Chain Feeds. I take my old chevy, drive up on the scale, get empty weight, tell them what I want, drive across the lot to the big silver silo. The have a telescopic chute that dumps it straight into my truck. I fill it until my front tires start to unload. Usually get 1800-2000 per trip. Then weigh and pay out. Last fall it was 180 or 190 a ton. I got some about 3 weeks ago and it was 252 a ton. It went up quite a bit, but so is the bag corn. Still way cheaper in bulk. I have 55 gallon drums under a tractor shed. I have to bucket it into the drums, but really not that bad to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RibcageX View Post
                  I usually go to Gorman. Red Chain Feeds. I take my old chevy, drive up on the scale, get empty weight, tell them what I want, drive across the lot to the big silver silo. The have a telescopic chute that dumps it straight into my truck. I fill it until my front tires start to unload. Usually get 1800-2000 per trip. Then weigh and pay out. Last fall it was 180 or 190 a ton. I got some about 3 weeks ago and it was 252 a ton. It went up quite a bit, but so is the bag corn. Still way cheaper in bulk. I have 55 gallon drums under a tractor shed. I have to bucket it into the drums, but really not that bad to do.
                  Pretty good deal there

$6.30/50. I’ll stick with bags instead of the hassle of moving it 3-4 times to save $$67. But that’s just me.
                  Last edited by Fishndude; 04-03-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Oops

Comment

Most growers would load u on the turnrow during harvest. cash is still king, bitcoin considered

Comment

Yep, straight out of the field is always the best if you can arrange it. We bought several tons straight out of the combine last August for $6 a hundred. Farmer got a little more than market and we got it for lots below retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                          Most growers would load u on the turnrow during harvest. cash is still king, bitcoin considered
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try Gorman love that place, call 1st also go by Mary’s in Strawn for a chicken fried steak after
                            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-03-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X