Duck Taxidermist Near Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Taxidermist Near Waco

Anybody got recommendations around Waco? I know a guy but i am curious what else is around me and like to shop quality and pricing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Top Gun Taxadermy in Holland. Lee will take care of you and does a great job on birds.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Randy Pistol still around there somewhere? He did a duck for me 20 years ago and it still looks great! He might have been in Temple?

Comment

Not near Waco but could ship to him in Ellinger. Kaleb Matocha with Final Flight. His works is top notch.

Comment

I've taken two mallards to Fortsons and they did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
            I've taken two mallards to Fortsons and they did a great job.
            I have never been in there. Jernigans ruined a duck for me years ago. I may check them out.

Guy i know says $200 a bird is the friend deal. He does good work. But my other two mounts are phenomenal and were $150 IIRC.

Really thinking of doing a double mount of the hen and drake mallard I shot this weekend.

Comment

Fortson's has a full time bird guy now. They do good work

Comment

Good to know, following.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Is Randy Pistol still around there somewhere? He did a duck for me 20 years ago and it still looks great! He might have been in Temple?

Randy had a major heart attack 8/22/19 that left him with some severe complications. He’s getting better every day but has a long road to go. Lee is running the shop while Randy is in recovery and Melissa is with him every day to encourage him. If you’re interested, there’s a blog she set up so people can follow his progress. It’s www.followrandyhome.blog

I apologize for the detour on your thread OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Id look up fallen feathers. The guys name is Jeremy. He does an awesome job. His wait is about a yr to get your bird back, but absolutely worth it. Hes in sherman tx, but you could ship it to him im sure. Hes done a mount for me that im happy with everyday. If i get another mounted he will be doing it. Well worth the wait.

Comment

Avian Arts is the best, but he is about 2 hours from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        I have never been in there. Jernigans ruined a duck for me years ago. I may check them out.

Guy i know says $200 a bird is the friend deal. He does good work. But my other two mounts are phenomenal and were $150 IIRC.

Really thinking of doing a double mount of the hen and drake mallard I shot this weekend.
                        I’m starting to mount a few myself. I’ve had a bunch done for $185-$200 years ago that are still great mounts. With cost now, HONESTLY if they cants get $275-$300 for a quality bird they ain’t worth doing as a career

$35 body
                        $12-18 heads and eyes
                        Feet injections
                        Paint
                        Paint supplies
                        Thread, filler, borax, cob grit, filler, white gas, habitat$$$, wire

Add time and skill into the mix I’d be scared now days of a less than $250. He ain’t making a dime at $200 now days

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          I’m starting to mount a few myself. I’ve had a bunch done for $185-$200 years ago that are still great mounts. With cost now, HONESTLY if they cants get $275-$300 for a quality bird they ain’t worth doing as a career

$35 body
                          $12-18 heads and eyes
                          Feet injections
                          Paint
                          Paint supplies
                          Thread, filler, borax, cob grit, filler, white gas, habitat$$$, wire

Add time and skill into the mix I’d be scared now days of a less than $250. He ain’t making a dime at $200 now days

Wow I had no idea, good to know. That is crazy. I know it has been a while but dang! Appreciate the info.

Comment

Another thing I have learned from this thread and a few others lately is apparently we need to have a Waco TBH meet and greet.

I need some new friends that like to actually hunt and fish, not just drink and make excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post
                              Fortson's has a full time bird guy now. They do good work
                              this. Kirby does nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X