X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God's creation is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      Weiman Meinzer (photographer) lives around Benjamin. I met him at the Texas Big Game awards in Abilene a few years ago. He is a super guy with some awesome skills. A lot of those pictures in this video were taken within a couple of hours of Lubbock. Pitchfork ranch, Ransom Canyon etc. Doug Smith (music) is a very talented man. He had an unfortunate accident a few years back that left him paralyzed and can still play but with only one finger. He played Amazing Grace with one finger on the piano and it just brought tears to your eyes.
      His photographs show the beauty of a barren land and the hard life of some folks in West Texas. Extremely talented, both of them.

Interesting info..

Comment

Gave us chills….Very nice

Comment

That was just awesome. Would you happen to have a link to the one finger Amazing Grace piece? I can't wait to see that as well. Great post!

Comment

Wow, that is very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
              Nice. I wonder if those deer were on the 6666 or the Pitchfork ranches
              I believe most of the big buck pictures came off of two ranches, the Waggoner and the 6666. if you look on youtube, there is a video of him giving a presentation on the waggoner ranch. If you are a history buff, and like photography, it is a must watch!

Comment

Beautiful Photography

Thanks for the trip! Absolutely amazing shots of this beautiful country and the animal shots are fantastic!

Comment

Those were some amazing images

Comment

Originally posted by whysixb View Post
                    That was just awesome. Would you happen to have a link to the one finger Amazing Grace piece? I can't wait to see that as well. Great post!
                    Sorry. This is the only link I have.

Comment

impressive

Comment

TTT for anyone that might want to enjoy the pics!

Comment

seen it but it never gets old.........god bless Texas

Comment

Great work. Thank You sooo much for sharing. God is great!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whysixb View Post
                              I don't know that there is a link to that. I think my brother sent me the video a couple of years back and I didn't keep it. My brother used to get together with him and a few other musicians from this area and play for hours. Doug was amazing. He could play along with just about any song on his piano and you would swear he had been practicing the song for days when it was just the first time he had heard it.

I stated earlier that Weiman Meinzer photographed some of that stuff in Ransom Canyon. I meant to say Palo Duro Canyon.

I bought one of his books from him in Abilene a few years back and he is an absolutely great photographer. Mostly animals but some cowboys on the pitchfork and some landscapes just like in the video. It's worth buying. Great coffee table book.

Comment

Wow! If you don't like this then and you call yourself a hunter/outdoorsman then you are missing the point. That's what its all about! Gods wonder in pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X