No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple Brook trout from this evening. Small but very cool looking fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
      I think I posted in this thread earlier, but just read the last several months worth.
      #1 I'm jealous of you boys with the clear rivers.
      #2 wore out the sandbass this spring. I think my count was something like 540.
      #3 carp on the fly are a blast. I managed 3 during the sandbass run with 2 more foul hooked.
      My next quest will be a Rio Grande Cichlid, in a few weeks! (Tips and tricks for those are welcomed. I've never seen one or fished waters that have them.)
      [emoji2957]upside down pic is a bonus

You may want to order some of Matt Bennett's Rio Getter - https://www.flygeek.net/shop/rio-getter

Comment

Just got back from Rocky Mountain National park and heading to key west in a few weeks.

Got the greenback, brook, brown and rainbow while there. Just got back into fly fishing and love it even when bass fishing from my bass boat more than bait casters.

Comment

We caught Western Cutthroat, Northern Pike Minnow, and White Fish today on the St Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            We caught Western Cutthroat, Northern Pike Minnow, and White Fish today on the St Joe.

Nice!

I'm so ready for a western trip.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
              Went on a vaccication up near Breckinridge Co. Fly fished in the snow. Was a ton of fun.

[ATTACH]1050136[/ATTACH]
              Nice rainbow...interesting looking crease on it. Wonder what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                Bumping this thread back to the top. Wife and I took a trip to Montana a couple weeks ago and I booked two float trips with different outfits fishing the Madison. I’ve done some fly fishing for bass and perch but this was her first experience with it.

She wasn’t feeling well the first day so I went solo. I had a pretty good day with the catch being about half and half, rainbows and whitefish. The second day we put her at the front of the boat and she was casting and catching fish in no time. The water level was noticeably higher and dirtier the second day. We caught more rainbows, a couple browns, and whitefish in the mix on day two.

I didn’t realize how fast the fly guides like to just dump the fish back in the water after it gets in the net, but I caught on quick. We didn’t get pics of all them, but managed pics of a few. The rest of the images are snips from GoPro and Osmo footage.

Wife has already made us stop at a couple fly shops since we've been home, picked up a book, been all over the SIMMS website about a dozen times, been watching fly fishing on Prime TV and IG, and informed me last night we are going to Bass Pro next week to pick her up a fly rod setup. This trip created a monster.

Yep! it sounds like she is hooked (pun intended) as are you! Glad you guys had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  I believe you two are now hooked also. Glad you had a great trip!

Comment

Did you fish $3 Dollar Bridge?

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                    Bumping this thread back to the top. Wife and I took a trip to Montana a couple weeks ago and I booked two float trips with different outfits fishing the Madison. I’ve done some fly fishing for bass and perch but this was her first experience with it.

She wasn’t feeling well the first day so I went solo. I had a pretty good day with the catch being about half and half, rainbows and whitefish. The second day we put her at the front of the boat and she was casting and catching fish in no time. The water level was noticeably higher and dirtier the second day. We caught more rainbows, a couple browns, and whitefish in the mix on day two.

I didn’t realize how fast the fly guides like to just dump the fish back in the water after it gets in the net, but I caught on quick. We didn’t get pics of all them, but managed pics of a few. The rest of the images are snips from GoPro and Osmo footage.

Wife has already made us stop at a couple fly shops since we've been home, picked up a book, been all over the SIMMS website about a dozen times, been watching fly fishing on Prime TV and IG, and informed me last night we are going to Bass Pro next week to pick her up a fly rod setup. This trip created a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                      Did you fish $3 Dollar Bridge?
                      I spoke with Adam and don't believe he did...but he was close. He stopped in Kelly Galloup's Slide Inn.

I forgot to tell him to fish there. Next year, Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Nice rainbow...interesting looking crease on it. Wonder what that is?
                        Unfortunately that would be my leader

Comment

Very jealous of all the trout

Although this isn't nearly as cool, me and my buddy went to Brushy Creek in Round Rock Sunday to target cichlids. It was a tough bite with most guarding nests and not interested in eating but we managed a few, and a few other species
                          Attached Files

Comment

We are headed to southern Colorado in 10 days to fly fish. Anyone been lately? What are the conditions like now? I know you can't have campfires in the national forest(s) because of the drought.

Comment

dont worry......the skies are blue....the water is clear and the air is cool........the fish are biting.....

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                We are headed to southern Colorado in 10 days to fly fish. Anyone been lately? What are the conditions like now? I know you can't have campfires in the national forest(s) because of the drought.
                                Just got back from there. The water was a little high, but not bad at all. I caught more fish and bigger fish than I have in a long time. I was playing with streamers and big Woolly Buggers. But a lot of quality fish came on big dry flies (#12) Cubby Chernobyl.

Comment

Working...
                                X