No announcement yet.

Rolling blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El General, that data is public and located on the ERCOT web site.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
      Im just stopping by to read all the “wind mill” comments…

How profitable are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
        How profitable are they?

The WELFARE capitalists can’t build them fast enough. Very profitable to some.

Comment

If the a power goes out for a couple days. It will be way worse than Snovid

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            Where I use to work on occasion a cat or raccoon would find a hole to get inside our electric transformer stations and trip everything associated with that substation out.
            When i first got out of school i worked for a power company. In the fall we always had a few outages due to squirrels getting on top of the warm transformers. They were well done before they hit the ground.

Comment

Does not seem the rest of the country has this problem. They must know something we need to know.

Comment

Don’t forget about the 2-3 million more illegals being allowed to flow over the border as well. A couple of days ago I saw a piece on t v about some reservoir running out of water. This is gonna be bad folks. No power, no water. What’s next is food riots. These democrats are bent on destroying what’s left of the country.

Comment

Our plant ran maxed out all day. Take a look at the ERCOT website and you can see that there was near ZERO WIND generation today.

Renewables are not reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Then why do we not have battery banks everywhere?
                    Probably something roughly to do with the below.

The typical U.S. household uses 911 kilowatt-hours a month, which works out to roughly 210 kilowatt-hours per week. The best lithium-ion batteries store less than 0.2 kilowatt-hours per kilogram.

So a lithium-ion battery large enough to store 210 kilowatt-hours would weigh at least about 2314 pounds, or more than one ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      As a fellow that has worked in the coal mines my whole life, I think it is funny.
                      They have shut down mines and power plants all over the state. I hope Austin and Dallas go without power all summer
                      I think the same thing but then realize that that's probably their plan. Turn off power while pushing green energy. I can see the push now..If you want power vote yes to this bond for more solar or wind turbine BS... And you know all the idiots will vote yes..Just like they did for light rail believing it would help with traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        Our plant ran maxed out all day. Take a look at the ERCOT website and you can see that there was near ZERO WIND generation today.

Renewables are not reliable.
                        Yes sir, history has shown that when we need the renewables most of all during summer peak, the wind does not blow. Not saying there is not a place for renewables, but for every mW of renewable we need a mW of fossil fuel generation, especially if you are going to use renewables in you reserve calculations.

Most gas fired and coal burners where generating today, did not help that one of the units at Comanche Peak was off line for some period of time.

Rwc
                        Last edited by Rwc; 06-15-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Then why do we not have battery banks everywhere? We have them for critical infrastructure, but even those only last days, at best.

Batteries, at least as they sit now, do not solve the fact that there is basically no way to store power.
                          Need some electricians to chime in.. I'm not the expert but what I've always thought was batteries just can't hold enough power. That's why solar in Texas for your home is not feasible. Sure it may work for lights or light appliances but not for an AC or clothes dryer.

Comment

Here's a good one. Across the side street from my house. On the east side of those trees is a house. On the roof of the house there are solar panels. In the shade most of the afternoon.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

So many problems at home yet how much attention and money is spent outside our borders. Politicians and government agencies they control are the problem and they have been for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                                How profitable are they?

Profitable for those that benefit from made up carbon credits.

Comment

Working...
                                X