Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brenham area deer hunting, not

....not hogs.

Got a lead on a place near Brenham. I’m not really excited since it is a 4 hrs drive for me, but it is close to A&M for my son. Looking at google earth, has me wondering a bit as well. The places has wooded corridors along creeks, but the rest is pasture.
    How is the deer population around Brenham?
    Last edited by Pope; 12-16-2020, 09:52 PM. Reason: Hit post by accident before finishing

Not the best from what I’ve seen

Comment

Seen a big ol 8 on the side of the road watching the cars go by yesterday on the way home from brenham

Comment

I’m in Austin Co, just across the Washington county line by a couple of miles...I’ve been very pleased with the last few years here. I won’t say that all areas are like ours, because we have the benefit of a creek that is a heavily traveled corridor during the rut. But I wouldn’t hesitate to lease a place if you have hardwoods and creek access. The 13” rule has done wonders for this area in my opinion

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. This place is actually closest to Industry SW of Brenham and I’d say is 85% pasture and 15 wooded corridors.

Comment

Washington county landowner's have done a lot of work for the deer herd since the formation of it's wildlife society back in1993. We've brought in deer from overpopulated areas of the state. We're in an antler restricted county and it is paying dividends. Our property is in the opposite direction of your location. We've killed 2 busks over 130" in the past 3 seasons.

Comment

I spent most of my childhood in that area. It’s an awesome area. You won’t see much.

Comment

Sorry no help here. Back in the day Brenham was good for ice cream and dances at the Silver Wings ball room.

Comment

I've heard the deer population around North Zulch is great

Comment

Not sure you’ll have much luck with that side of Brenham. My shop is on 3456 near where you’re describing. Never see much out this way. My dads place gets some incredible deer out towards Somerville though.

Who knows, worth a shot I suppose!

Comment

Hit or miss yequa creek and mill creek are good areas
                      It all depends where u are some places real good some places not so good
                      The population and bucks have gotten better with AR’s

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                        ....not hogs.

Got a lead on a place near Brenham. I’m not really excited since it is a 4 hrs drive for me, but it is close to A&M for my son. Looking at google earth, has me wondering a bit as well. The places has wooded corridors along creeks, but the rest is pasture.
                        How is the deer population around Brenham?

Depending where its at there could be some decent deer. But im sure the numbers will be low.

If you decide to pass please send me the info. Im looking for a place for my parents for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          I've heard the deer population around North Zulch is great
                          Nowhere near Brenham.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            Nowhere near Brenham.
                            Just a hop and a skip, people drive many times farther for a deer lease

Comment

Working...
                            X