U.S. Virgin Islands ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Virgin Islands ...

have a trip scheduled for next week, St. Thomas Island. Never been there but its our 30th wedding anniversary so we wanted to do something special.
    Any suggestions on what to do or not to do there?

(and yes, we're aware of the testing restriction currently in place)

Maybe try scuba diving if you haven't before?

Comment

St John is beautiful too. Take the ferry over. Next time I go that way I will stay the entire trip there

Comment

Take a boat trip ( power cat or sail ) through the British VI. A lot of great scenery and pretty cool stops. Jost Van Dyke is not to far but we usually spend a half day there in White Bay and St. John is great too.

Comment

St John’s has cove after cove that you can visit. Some of them are secluded and require a hike. Nice to have a cove all to yourself. We rented a Jeep and drove the island a few times. Our fishing charter was not very good. Just my experience maybe. Otherwise, the food on St. Thomas and St. John’s was good.

Comment

Go to the Tap and Still for a great burger and cold beer. its at the American Yacht Harbor at Red Hook. We fished 2 days with Ocean Surfari, great boats and caught a lot of fish.
            we also took a day cruise on a catamaran and went snorkeling, but cant remember the name of the charter.

Comment

also get a "pain killer" drink, they are excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by skshave1 View Post
                Take a boat trip ( power cat or sail ) through the British VI. A lot of great scenery and pretty cool stops. Jost Van Dyke is not to far but we usually spend a half day there in White Bay and St. John is great too.
                ^^This. Look up Bad Kitty charters and take their catamaran to BVI and the Soggy Dollar bar. Cruzan Rum factory tour on St. Croix.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                  St John is beautiful too. Take the ferry over. Next time I go that way I will stay the entire trip there
                  That’s what we were told when we arrived in St. Thomas. St. John’s is the place to be.

Comment

If you’re looking for somewhere to eat, you’ve got to go over to St. Croix and eat at Rum Runners. Very good food and it’s right down on the boardwalk on the water in Christianstead.

Comment

Stayed a week at St John, it is awesome so do that.

Jos Van Dyke (Soggy Dollar Bar) in the BVI is a must, one of the coolest places I've been - you feel like a baller when you roll up on that beach (will need your passport). The same tour will take you to the "banks" or something like that where you walk through these giant rocks with the ocean water in them pretty cool as well. Somebody help me out not sure that name is right.

Comment

The Baths.

Comment

Just take the short ferry ride to St John and go to any beach there. Jost Van Dyke and the BVI's are closed to tourist until at least September. If you do a boat get them to take you to Limeout, floating taco bar, for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                            That’s what we were told when we arrived in St. Thomas. St. John’s is the place to be.
                            what about the sugar plantation over there? Is that the same island?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              what about the sugar plantation over there? Is that the same island?
                              I believe so. We were almost had the chance to go over but ran out of time. If you get a chance definitely try to line up some fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X