No announcement yet.

6x6 Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, you will really enjoy sitting in that !!

Comment

I am in the process of building one right now. Need to finish it, maybe this weekend I can get it completed. Yours looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        I got on a new lease in Melvin and wanted to build a new blind. As always, I'm by myself, so I needed something I can set up & take down myself. I built the base out of 2x6, 2x4, 4x4, 5/8 plywood, and elevator brackets. All framing was 2x2 that I ripped from 2x4's. I skinned it with the FREE coroplast that I got a while back. The roof was 9/16 OSB covered with tin. I made my windows out out the coroplast but made them the size to install Deerview windows later if needed. I use drip edge for my windows to slide down or up, and drip edge on the corners. I made 4 windows across the front, 2 on each side, 1 in the back with a RV door

I made the panels where one piece would slide into the other, where the coroplast would slide in behind the drip edge, and then I could screw everything together. I made the window openings 9x26 so they hold a 10x27 folding window. They start at 26" off the floor, and my base is about 6ft tall. I can shoot ( while setting) at about 5 yards..

Anyway, I got it all set up this weekend, and it came together very nicely.

Nice blind. Where about in Melvin? I have a place in Melvin, Eden and Salt Gap.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
          Nice blind. Where about in Melvin? I have a place in Melvin, Eden and Salt Gap.
          I hunt the old Jacoby Price Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
            Great job! Do you mind sharing your cost to build?
            Originally posted by TB80 View Post
            Nice build. Interested in cost to build as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I roughly had $330.00 in the cost. But, I bought the Elevator Brackets on TBH, I gave $40 for them. I bought the used RV Door $30, and I got the coroplast siding for free.

Comment

That's an awesome place!

Comment

Very well done.
                I had a Coroplast walled blind that lasted a decade in the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  Dude that’s pretty sweet, I need to build one like that for me and my granddaughter. Where do you find coroplast.
                  Check for a Regal Plastic location near you.

Comment

That looks great! If you ever need a hand with something at the lease let me know. If I am up at our place I would be glad to give you a hand. I'm retired so go up often. Good Luck this season!

Comment

when you say "old" did it sell or something?
                      do they not have it anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
                        when you say "old" did it sell or something?
                        do they not have it anymore?
                        I dont know if it any different, I just haven't heard it referred to it since I have been on it

Comment

thanks, I was just wondering. I used to hunt there. good luck this season, its a good place.

Comment

That turned out great!

Comment

Your blind turned out great . I like the takedown option . In your last pic, the two center windows are open/ down , a black hole. Why not paint all the windows black and the opening will be the same color, open or closed. Just a thought.

Comment

My cabin is just a couple miles from the Jacoby store. Need to meet up sometime this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X