Lost knife someone found it but wont return it question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost knife someone found it but wont return it question

I took a knife making class form Chops last year and made my mother a knife. Earlier this year I get a message form Chops asking if I lost a knife and I told him know. He said someone found a knife in the Madisonville Walmart that matched the one I made my mother and contacted him because his wifes makers mark was on the sheath. I called my mother and she was too upset to tell me she had lost the knife as it fell out of her purse. Chops gets me in touch with the guy and I send him a picture and he sends one back and its my mothers knifes. He said its a nice knife and wanted to get it back to the owner since it was not just a regular knife. I offer to pay shipping to me and he tells me not to bother he will take care of it. This was in September. I have sent several text messages and he keeps telling me he has gotten busy and or his wife forgets to send it out. I have sent him a message saying I will take off and drive to meet him and no response. Trying not to be a ***** but would like to give it back to my mother. Should I just write it off? I know several people here work with him as he works for a large Law Enforcement agency next to my county but I am not trying to be " that Guy" either. Just frustrating

Nothing wrong with a little pressure to do the right thing.

Post his phone number and name and we all can text and call, and call his boss.

Comment

Typically would not bother me but it’s a one of a kind and my first one I made
      Attached Files

Comment

It's pretty ****ty for someone not to return something they know was lost when the owners are found. It's even ****tier when that person works in law enforcement.

Comment

That's certainly odd, that he would go to the trouble of tracking down the owner, and then not go to the minimal trouble of returning it. Does your mom know it's been found?

Comment

Call one of the guys you know that work with him and see if they can take possession of the knife. Call and tell them the situation- I know if it was someone that I previously worked with I would “make it right” if I could

Comment

Can you drive to meet him?

Comment

So he's a cop??

Comment

I would consider talking to the people y’all commonly know about it before making a decision. I can’t see a good reason why he hasn’t returned it yet except for the possibility he may have lost it himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo View Post
                    nothing wrong with a little pressure to do the right thing.

Post his phone number and name and we all can text and call, and call his boss.
                    haha

Comment

Maybe he's just a lazy procrastinator like me. I'm known to leave a return Amazon package in the backseat of the truck until the last day possible. Benefit of the doubt for a LE officer... Hope you get it back.

Comment

Weird that he would go through the trouble of finding you if he had no intentions of returning it. There has to be more to the story.

Comment

I wouldn't return it either it's badazz

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                            i wouldn't return it either it's badazz

sent from my sm-n986u using tapatalk
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                              That's certainly odd, that he would go to the trouble of tracking down the owner, and then not go to the minimal trouble of returning it. Does your mom know it's been found?
                              Yes she asks me about it weekly

Comment

Working...
                              X