K A P question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K A P question

Process? Donate? Let em lay DRT? Haul em to the nearest ditch? What do you do? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have done all of those. If im needing pig sausage I will clean and process the sows in a heart beat. The smaller one's, I normaly clean and take back straps and quarters to smoke on the pit.

Comment

Done all of the above.....depending on what we have going on.

Comment

I just make sure they ain’t left close to any feeder. Other than that....coyotes gotta eat too!

Comment

All of my contacts who used to take the good eaters no longer want them. I would be happy to gut and behead them for folks and even take them to their homes in town. But, with no takers, they go to the buzzard buffet.

Comment

Yes

Comment

I don't have a farm with crops so I just don't shoot them if I can't clean them. We eat a lot of wild hog though and get them quartered pretty quick now days.

Comment

Done all of the above but the last couple years just been shooting them and keeping them for my own freezer.

Comment

If I shoot one, pretty much for food... I don't shoot 'em until winter after they've had a chance to fatten up on akerns... Ain't nuthin' better'n a pregnant sow that's fat on white oak akerns!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    If I shoot one, pretty much for food... I don't shoot 'em until winter after they've had a chance to fatten up on akerns... Ain't nuthin' better'n a pregnant sow that's fat on white oak akerns!!
                    I can see the bacon now

Comment

Shoot all you can and drag off what you find.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

All of the above. if i clean them, it's only quarters and backstraps (the gutless method).

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Those pregnant sows are the best!

I clean and process every one I trap or shoot until the freezer is full, then clean and process any others if I have folks that will take them. I hate to see good meat go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                            I just make sure they ain’t left close to any feeder. Other than that....coyotes gotta eat too!
                            I experimented with this 1 night.
                            Not sure if you saw the thread or not.

Does a dead pig keep animals away from feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              Process? Donate? Let em lay DRT? Haul em to the nearest ditch? What do you do? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              If you're interested.
                              There's a member on here, Bigdraw, his daughter started a program where you can drop the pigs off @ a processor and they'll process it and give it to homeless shelters in the DFW area.

I'll see if I can find the thread and see if he'll chime in here.

Here is a link to the thread

Pigs to feed the Hungry
                              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-16-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X