No announcement yet.

Deer Lease Managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I know Macy - he said kill him. Deer has a good frame, but that's about it. He is at least 4.5 (has already had his big jump) and does not show any signs of throwing a G4 on either side.

Comment

That deers 2.5. No way you should kill him if you are trying to implement a QDM program.

Comment

Originally posted by spencorLUK View Post
        let him go another year
        x2

Comment

I guess I might qualify as a "deer lease manager". I manage my own ranch for cattle and wildlife operations. We have been under a TPWD biologist's strict supervision since 1987 and under a managed land permit for five years. I used to season lease the ranch, but was not able to control all the "little" intricacies that I thought would really raise my quality level. For the last nine years, I have sold a limited number of semi- guided package hunts. Some were rifle and some bow. I personally,have bowhunted only for 11 years. Every year the gun roar wore on me more and more, until 2 years ago, I pulled the plug on the gun hunts. It is free roaming, low fence hunting and we feed corn thru the deer and turkey season. Last year,because of the dry weather, we supplemented the deer with whole cottonseed, but don't plan to make it a regular. I really want to harvest the best that "mother nature" has to offer.

If I qualify as a lease manager and you want to visit more, let me know if I can help you.

Comment

Have had my place managed and on a program for nine years with great results this year. Also have hunted on several big operations and now managing two other places. Let me know what you info you are looking for and I will see what I can do to help.

Comment

The answer is: it depends on your leases goals and where that buck is in your over all herd. We have 11 point 2.5 year old bucks. Macey and I agreed it was at the low end of our herd and 4.5 years old. No more genes in the pool. KILL IT

Thanks to all...........

Comment

Bodey - Ted will pm you.......

Comment

Looks like a good cull to me
                  but now that coon on the bottom right, that’s another story, trophy all the way

Comment

Roy Hindes said if you let him walk you better like him. I say if you kill him you will mount him. Protien will break you if you are not feeding it to the right herd.Food plot are good if the weather is good. dont feed hogs and coons. Now you are a deer mgr.

Comment

Has anyone ever fed Black Eyed peas for Protein and Carbs in the Spring? All dear love peas and I hear if you buy in bulk it is cheeper than corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Shep View Post
                        Roy Hindes said if you let him walk you better like him. I say if you kill him you will mount him. Protien will break you if you are not feeding it to the right herd.Food plot are good if the weather is good. dont feed hogs and coons. Now you are a deer mgr.
                        We are all deer and lease manager, unless you shoot everything that walks by. It depends on what you want to do, grow big bucks or attract more deer. If you want to grow big bucks you need a lot of land or a co-op of land owners. You will have a hard time producing mature deer, if everyone around you shoots them. I've passed on alot of 2.5 to 3.5 year old deer that dont last 30 minutes past the fence line.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                          the answer is: It depends on your leases goals and where that buck is in your over all herd. We have 11 point 2.5 year old bucks. Macey and i agreed it was at the low end of our herd and 4.5 years old. No more genes in the pool. Kill it

thanks to all...........
                          interesting.....

Comment

Working...
                          X