Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Time Super Combo

Who has them? Worth it? Are they easy?

Every year when this time of year comes around I think about them but never pull the trigger. Thinking I might do it this year. How many of y’all have them?

I’m only 25 so I would get a whole lot of use of it.

I am 41 and got my lifetime about 6 years ago or so. I got it because I have a high fence place and I didn't want to have to worry about weather or not I had a license if I wanted to shoot something.

Comment

Bought mine back in 08 I think, whenever they went from 1k to $1800.

Before the price increase I didn't know anyone that had one. Now you can stand in line at Academy and they'll be 5 guys with their lifetime. I'd say worth it !

Comment

I'd do it, was in your same situation 20 years ago and didn't.....still kicking myself!

Comment

Got my lifetime about 10 or so years ago before the price increase. I can't remember the exact year, however, that Sept 1st the lifetime combo price went from $1,000 to like $1,800. Let's just say, they had a flood of applications in August of that year.

At that $1,000 price, the payback was closer to 10 years. At the $1,800 price tag, I'm sure it's closer to 20 years now; depending on future price increases in the super combo license. You are also grandfathered into all the new stamp endorsements, etc.

Long story short, for a 25 year old, it's still worth it assuming you will be living in and/or hunting/fishing TX for a long time.

Comment

I'd do it at your age. The Super combo is due for a price increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
              I am 41 and got my lifetime about 6 years ago or so. I got it because I have a high fence place and I didn't want to have to worry about weather or not I had a license if I wanted to shoot something.
              This doesn't make sense. You still have to get a license every year, it's just free/prepaid.

Comment

Do it,

Comment

I got mine at 20, for $1000. It still makes sense at your age and price. Just do it.

Comment

Is there an age requirement to getting this? Wanting to do it as soon as possible for my 1 yr old.

Comment

My dad got me mine for my birthday the year before the increase. I sure do appreciate it now! I'll probably get it for my kids when they are old enough too.

Comment

A super combo is $68. The lifetime combo is $1800

That's 26 years to make it worth it, excluding interest and inflation
                        Last edited by TxAg; 08-15-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't be wotrh it for me. I just turned 65. Super Combo 32.00. at 1800.00 for lifetime that would be 56 years of licenses

Comment

I bought mine back about 20 years ago. I bought my boys theirs when they were 5 and 7.

It is worth it, but it still sucks because I still pay about $75 for a public land permit and duck stamp.

Comment

Parents got me one about 15 years ago.
                              I believe for the price it was back then it’s almost paid off or already is paid off (I’m 26)

Comment

Working...
                              X