No announcement yet.

Texas road trip ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from Big Bend/Terlingua yesterday and it was an amazing trip. Took my 3 sons, (5, 5 and 8) and wife and everyone had a good time. We camped in the Chisos Basin and then hiked in the mornings, and did afternoon drives. Next time i will factor in more time to hit Ft. Davis, Balmorhea and Guadalupe Mtns.

Comment

I say hit the hill country for a couple of BBQ spots and camping near a river. Then down to the PINS area everyone was talking about in a another thread. Come back up on the way home for different/more BBQ stops.

During the trip..... talk about planning a West Texas road trip this fall (cooler temps)

Comment

If San Antonio is in the plans visit the 5 missions, consider riding the bike trail to see them.

Comment

Hwy 16. The Sportsman Road. Start at Possum Kingdom and take it straight down hill to the Gulf of Mexico

Comment

We are starting in weatherford. The trip would probably be 7-10 days. I would like to hit hamilton pool.

Comment

Stinkiest towns in Texas

Try heading to the stinkiest towns in Texas, and do the fun stuff nearby
              Like see the paldorura canyon, the balmora springs, alpine tx go to see boquias near big bend , drive down hwy 90 to Alamo village in Brackettville, Garner SP , frio River,
              Then Alamo in sa see the missions in sa , Austin for the state capital, Waco for Texas ranger hall of fame Lockhart for bbq, evadale to see the big thicket ect
              Lots of fun and history stuff to do , then tell us what town is the stinkiest
              https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...hlight=Stinky;)

Comment

Float Texas. Frio river, Guadalupe river, Comal river, San Marcos river. At that age the scenery is impressive.

Comment

Enchanted Rock, Palo Duro, Big Bend

Comment

Working...
                  X