2016 Hagerman Hog Hunt: Seg-A Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    btw, i found a range finder that looks kinda beat up.

looks like it was lost before this weekend.

anyone missing one?

How funny...I found a phone last fall during Segment C & actually was able to charge it & contact the owner

Good luck

Comment

Saw two medium size hogs up cruising around 7:30. Since then, nada. Walked up on a family of coons denned up in the top of a hollowed out tree. Pretty animals.

I'm heading back to PC to load up and head back to the land of domestic responsibility. This weekend was a blast. Good luck to everyone.

By the way, whoever was cussing and wishing for a steady South wind sure got your wish!

Comment

We've seen nothing today so far

Comment

Xbowhunter where are you hunting?

Comment

2016 Hagerman Hog Hunt: Seg-A Thread

We are in bm on the north fence about 1.5 miles in

Where u at? Saw ur truck. Still in bm?

Comment

Fixing to go to the pipeline west of the creek

Comment

Have y'all found any sheds out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                  I will do a better write up when I get to a computer but here's the basics and a few more pics. We cover a lot more ground today. And only saw 3 hogs 2 of which got shot. I shot this boar around 5:30 at 50 yards. Me and Micah quartered him and I walked 1 mile to our bikes with him on my back and then pulled him on our bike trailer another 2 miles. It's been a great weekend!![ATTACH]778685[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778688[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778689[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778690[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778691[/ATTACH]
                  Shake-good meeting you yesterday AM. Nice work and well deserved given your efforts!
                  What APP is that you have for tracking? Looks cool, perhaps too good...it would limit my ability to exaggerate my "many miles afield" ploy when my wife urges me to skip dessert! Lemme know, plz. Good luck.

Comment

Not me

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      I will do a better write up when I get to a computer but here's the basics and a few more pics. We cover a lot more ground today. And only saw 3 hogs 2 of which got shot. I shot this boar around 5:30 at 50 yards. Me and Micah quartered him and I walked 1 mile to our bikes with him on my back and then pulled him on our bike trailer another 2 miles. It's been a great weekend!![ATTACH]778685[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778688[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778689[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778690[/ATTACH][ATTACH]778691[/ATTACH]
                      Last question--what's that you use to hold your bow on your handlebars?

Hope you don't mind that I intend to learn from your ways (b/c I'm a gear junkie) 1. the app, 2. the tow behind cart, 3. handle bar thing
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                        Have y'all found any sheds out there?
                        We found the left side of a small 8 point. Left it for the critters to finish gnawing on.

Comment

I found a matching set. However had been gnawed on quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                            Last question--what's that you use to hold your bow on your handlebars?

Hope you don't mind that I intend to learn from your ways (b/c I'm a gear junkie) 1. the app, 2. the tow behind cart, 3. handle bar thing

Thanks

No problem at all.

1. OnX Hunt. Is the one in the pics, it's free and is pretty good! I also use Trimble GPS Hunt Pro but it is $9.99 and it's a little more in depth and takes a while to get the hang of.
                            2. The cart is a standard game cart from Academy that I modified and we use a a piece for a kid trailer to attach to the bikes.
                            3. The handle bar bow holder is on Micah's bike(I rode his bike to pull the trailer because it's much easier pedaling) but I think it's intended for a 4-wheeler and I also think you can get them at academy.

FYI My wife said the Walmart in Denton on university had the tow behind bike trailers for kids on sale for $35 and they are normally close to $100. If I didn't already have a cart I would go buy one.

Comment

well my buddy joe and i are out. had a blast. we each shot one arrow.

my shot from 60 yards went over a sow's back. joe shot from 40 yards and missed a sow. we both thought he hit, but no blood on the arrow.

saw 80+ hogs friday, 10 deer
                              saw 3 boars sat and 1 deer
                              today i saw 1 boar.

ran into rch and corn sack. nice to see you again roger and nice to meet you russell...

sorry we didn't run into booner and shake, maybe next year. you guys did well, congrats.

good luck to all of you that are still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                                well my buddy joe and i are out. had a blast. we each shot one arrow.

my shot from 60 yards went over a sow's back. joe shot from 40 yards and missed a sow. we both thought he hit, but no blood on the arrow.

saw 80+ hogs friday, 10 deer

saw 3 boars sat and 1 deer

today i saw 1 boar.

ran into rch and corn sack. nice to see you again roger and nice to meet you russell...

sorry we didn't run into booner and shake, maybe next year. you guys did well, congrats.

good luck to all of you that are still out there.

Thanks!

Next year we need to plan get together that works for everybody!

Comment

Working...
                                X