Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here started their own company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of the green screens have started their own company? Do you still have it? What industry is it in?

Yup. Launched it here on TBH.

Comment

Yep. Guns. Still have it, don't do as much as years passed, but still do it.

Comment

Own and operate a Roofing business and 2 restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
          Own and operate a Roofing business and 2 restaurants.

I’m so intrigued by the restaurant business.

I work with them on a daily basis setting up new places and some work 80hrs a week making 60k and some work 50 hrs a week making a million plus.

The private investor vs the “owner” you see everyday type and the I’m tired of working plant life I’m opening a restaurant type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Black Ice; 08-21-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Retail construction, 17yrs, started from nothing to something. Still trying to find something else to get into to broaden my life portfolio.

Comment

Forestry mulching / land clearing.....just started it up last month and I’m doing pretty well. Initial investment was pretty large, but now that I see I’m going to be able to stay pretty busy, I’m much more comfortable with it. I’m hoping to be able to buy a new mid-sized excavator in the next 3-4 months. This will allow me to do a broader range of work, not just mulching.

Comment

Ran into a deal in 2012 where I could buy trailer loads of steel tubing for pennies on the dollar from a mill. Flipped metal for a few months before I realized I needed to learn how to weld. Got on YouTube, bought a Hobart 135 used for $100, and 7 years later I'm not flipping tubing anymore but still rocking and rolling on the fabrication side. I also have a custom skeet shooting trailer and a dump trailer I rent out.

Comment

Started a Rigging service company in 1996. Never looked back.

Comment

I owned a little trucking company for a few years, hauling cows. I sucked at it, sold everything, almost went bankrupt. Me and the bride ate mustard sandwiches for a couple of years until we got out of the hole.

I am thinking about starting up a small business as a motivational speaker, if you know anyone looking to book one, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly Rockstar View Post
                      I owned a little trucking company for a few years, hauling cows. I sucked at it, sold everything, almost went bankrupt. Me and the bride ate mustard sandwiches for a couple of years until we got out of the hole.

I am thinking about starting up a small business as a motivational speaker, if you know anyone looking to book one, let me know.
                      Here you go...This guy is looking for someone.

Comment

Archery shop and range and a construction/remodeling company. Sold both.

Comment

The company I had worked for the past 17 years closed the doors at the end of May this year. I have been doing hydrtoraphic dipping as a hobby for a little over 4 years now. Dipped a few football helmets for a guy in Kansas City that would eventually get signed by the pros and sold off as sports memorabilia. My name got passed around pretty quick to New York then Florida and finally to a dealer in San Antonio. Now I'm doing production work decorating the helmets! Cool thing is all the new and old pros signing them. I'm not getting rich but it's more than paying the bills and I'm walking to my shop to do the work. No more driving to Houston!!! Hope it lasts about 5 more years.
                          Attached Files

Comment

yes
                            hunting guide service
                            JL EXOTICS

Comment

Been in business on our own for over 20 years. Own an Insurance agency and a hair salon. First 10 years we worked for someone else, then we dove in and started our own business. It has worked out well enough for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X