Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 07-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Cjh94
Spike

Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas
Default Leaving Bowtech

Purchased a new Reign 6 from a shop at the beginning of last season. A month and a half ago my upper left limb fractured. Got it shipped off to get 4 new in house limbs put on by Bowtech. Got my bow back Wednesday and only shot 10-15 arrows. Shot 5 arrows on Friday and my lower left limb cracked in two places down the middle. Hopefully switching over to a Mathews Vertix tomorrow. Shot the bow and actually liked it despite being a bowtech guy. Thoughts and concerns are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cjh94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Was all of that under warranty? I’ve never owned bowtech but that seems unreasonable.
be12hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
meangreen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke

Switched to an elite last year. Loving it so far
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
Saltyag15
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes, La Salle, and Sutton Counties

Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Bowtech made a big deal about supposedly fixing their limb issues. Guess they still haven’t figured it out.
Saltyag15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
Invisible Man
Four Point

I guess that's what happens when they refuse to fallow.
Invisible Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
Hoss163
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

You want be disappointed in that vertix.
Hoss163 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
jds247
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county

I have a vertix and it took some time to get it tuned to shoot broadheads . it's very finicky about your grip.
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #8
Easttxbowman
Eight Point

Hate to hear that about the bowtech. The reign series supposedly fixed their limb issues but I guess there are still a few bad apples. Loved my reign 6
Easttxbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #9
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjh94 View Post
Purchased a new Reign 6 from a shop at the beginning of last season. A month and a half ago my upper left limb fractured. Got it shipped off to get 4 new in house limbs put on by Bowtech. Got my bow back Wednesday and only shot 10-15 arrows. Shot 5 arrows on Friday and my lower left limb cracked in two places down the middle. Hopefully switching over to a Mathews Vertix tomorrow. Shot the bow and actually liked it despite being a bowtech guy. Thoughts and concerns are welcome.

Good decision. You will be very happy with Mathews Vertix
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #10
Arrowthreat
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bryan Co. OK

Had the same experience with Bowtech. I absolutely loved my Bowtech RPM 360, but It went through 2 sets of limbs. I traded it back in after the second set for another Matthews.
Arrowthreat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #11
jjaimes
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
Switched to an elite last year. Loving it so far
x2
The only Bowtech I've held onto Is my Prodigy
jjaimes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
Beargrasstx
Eight Point

Hunt In: Leon County, Robertson County, and Limestone County....Montana-Colorado

Bowtech Assassin 2012 and haven't felt the need to get another bow

Though after reading several reports of the Bowtech Realm SR6 placing as the top bow it has my curiosity peaked.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #13
Loneaggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County

Ironically I just ordered a Bowtech Reckoning.
Loneaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #14
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Junk
Name:  C2569B8E-861E-45A3-826F-B2A89F401356.jpeg
Views: 1305
Size:  70.7 KB
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #15
TexasAg'13
Four Point

Hunt In: Grapeland, TX

My insanity cpx had both upper and lower limbs split at full draw 2 years ago. Bowtech replaced everything but the riser and told me they would replace it with a new bow if it ever happened again. So glad to see they've fixed these issues...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
TexasAg'13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #16
haas0311
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Floresville and anywhere invited!

The best bow bow tech made was the Destroyer series.

haas0311 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #17
Extreme-TX
Four Point

Hunt In: Tyler

Had the Extreme never an issue, now own the Realm. Great bow.
Extreme-TX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #18
Fat Pappy
Ten Point

You need to call bow tech and let them know what’s happened. I’m sure they will make it right, if not go some where else.
Fat Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Thought bowtech fixed these issues? This is bad news for them
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
You want be disappointed in that vertix.
X2. I love my Vertix! Great shooter. Never thought I'd say I love a Mathews bow but I do now. Don't blame you for leaving with those issues.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2019, 03:41 PM   #21
Bowtech_CS
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:

Sorry for your trouble. While we have had to work through our troubles we are confident in our new process and will stand behind it. Perfection is always the goal and is what we strive for. Please always feel free to reach out to our customer service team, 541-284-4711; info@bowtecharchery.com, if you ever have any questions, concerns, or need some extra help. It's because of you all we exist and thank you for your support!
Bowtech_CS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #22
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

I guess I have been lucky. Had a Patriot for many years. Bought an Assassin and used it 2 seasons. Currently have the Experience. No issues with any of them. I store them in the shade though.
dc1986 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #23
cbd10pt
Ten Point

Hunt In: looking for new places

Have you ever broken a stick over your knee.
Think about that and look at the brace in the center of the limb.
This is why the new realm series does not have the brace center limb.
It was great for cam lean horrible for limb life
cbd10pt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #24
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

You'll love that Mathews Vertix. I was an Elite guy for 8 years and made the change to a Mathews Traverse since it has a slightly longer ATA than the Vertix. **** what a difference. I told myself I would not buy a new bow until I shot one that made me think it was worth the money. Well...here we are. With two cracked limbs I would have jumped somewhere too and never looked back.

Name:  00Traverse.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  141.8 KB

Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #25
Loneaggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
With two cracked limbs I would have jumped somewhere too and never looked back.

Attachment 967159
Man that rig has FishNDude written all over it By your rule, I'm one step from leaving Mathews....
Loneaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #26
sboudreaux
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

Is this a newer thing for Bowtech? I have a 2005 Defender that I still shoot. Should I be concerned the thing is going to blow up on me?
sboudreaux is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #27
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneaggie View Post
Man that rig has FishNDude written all over it By your rule, I'm one step from leaving Mathews....

Good luck!!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #28
horsehands
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: S.C. and South Texas

Had the Realm X, Insanity, and Reign 6 and never had any problems. Hate to hear that because Bowtechs tune so durn easy.
horsehands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #29
TexasBowtech
Four Point

Hunt In: Wise /montauge

I had to leave bowtech my insanity did it twice. I switched to a elite ritual.
TexasBowtech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:33 PM   #30
JRG_80
Ten Point

Hunt In: Maverick Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech_CS View Post
Sorry for your trouble. While we have had to work through our troubles we are confident in our new process and will stand behind it. Perfection is always the goal and is what we strive for. Please always feel free to reach out to our customer service team, 541-284-4711; info@bowtecharchery.com, if you ever have any questions, concerns, or need some extra help. It's because of you all we exist and thank you for your support!
Sounds all good....unfortunately Bowtech told me to ďkick rockĒ and used BS formalities to wash their hands of the situation. This was my email to Beth and yesterday I was finally able to speak to Adam(who I was told was as high on the ladder as I could reach by phone) that he was ďdrawing a line in the sand and now willing to cross it.

Beth,
I appreciate you to taking the time to respond, but throughout the course of the day I have taken several approaches regarding this issue and have been told that Iím pretty much S.O.L in the matter and the Bowtech isnít going to participate in any resolution. Period.
I am the original owner and purchased thru a local shop that is no longer in business. I did NOT register it and thru the course of two conversation with Ashley(@ ext2072) she informed me that the serial number is tracked to some shop out of state(Iím in TX. Bow was purchased in TX), but would t reveal which state. I told her that I donít know how all that works but know what I bought and where as this was the 3rd NEW Bowtech that Iíd purchased. First being the Mighty Mighy, second being the Tribute, and thirdly this Destroyer. Per my last conversation with her(Ashley) she said that she couldnít do anything, Bowtech wouldnít do anything, and that if she did she would have to answer to a superior. I requested that I speak to said superior....at which time I was transferred to Ext 2067. No name, no answer, and have yet to receive a return call.
My NEXT move was to contact your(Bowtechís) preferred dealer in my area(Mesquite Archery) and had Scott reach out to Bowtech to try and help with the matter....he to called back to inform me that I was S.O.L.

To say Iím disappointed is a understatement. I fee that formalities are being used in a effort to brush aside another issue with a product that is notorious for this exact mishap and Iím sure one that has haunted the company since itís reared itís ugly head and Iím sure yíall are ready to move on from and forget.....except their are still some of out here that continue to shoot and use your bow because we(I) like and enjoy this unit. This has been a disheartening day, but has clarified Bowtechís stance, to me, as to where they stand with backing their products and their customers. Now Iíve got 15 days before I leave for Colorado for my first DIY elk hunt and Iíve got to find a new bow to pack into the mountains with me when I go......mailing it to you to do anything(if anything) in that timeframe is not a option.

Jason Gilstrap
Director of Tilt-Up Construction

On Aug 27, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Beth Harrold <Beth.Harrold@bowtecharchery.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,
Are you the original owner of the bow? And can you provide the serial number to me? You can either go here to send the bow in to us https://bowtecharchery.com/returns/ or take it to your closest authorized dealer and they can get in contact with us. Unfortunately we no longer have limbs for this bow, and if you are the original owner the bow will need to come back to us.

Thank you, have a good day.

Bethany Harrold | Customer Service Representative
Bowtech, Inc. | 90554 Highway 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402
(541)284-4711 x 2085 |http://www.bowtecharchery.com
<image004.jpg>

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:04 AM
To: Information Box (Bowtech) <info@bowtecharchery.com>
Subject: Bowtech Destroyer 340 limb

16 days before I leave on my first Colorado archery elk hunt and mid practice session, while at full draw, this happened. Please advise on what can be done, in a expedited manner, to get me up and running again. Thanks
<image002.jpg>

Jason Gilstrap
JRG_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #31
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

I had issues with a Diamond Deadeye back when it was new....I think 2010. It ate up the strings in two days. Had the strings replaced under warranty twice in the first two weeks. There was a high spot on the cam that was cutting the string and causing it to wear through the serving and string. Diamond/bowtech was useless. Finally a friend who shot for bowtech approached one of the honchos at a shoot and they got right on it. Sent me a cam that had been worked on with a file and covered over with a sharpie. Still looked like it would cut the string. Gander Mountain tech refused to put it on the bow and put me in a different more expensive bow. They said they would rather sell me a decent bow then keep messing with it. Bowtech is very good at letting folks down. It's hard to believe that they have hung on so long with such poor service.

Last edited by Jon B; 08-30-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 11:56 PM   #32
haas0311
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRG_80 View Post
Sounds all good....unfortunately Bowtech told me to ďkick rockĒ and used BS formalities to wash their hands of the situation. This was my email to Beth and yesterday I was finally able to speak to Adam(who I was told was as high on the ladder as I could reach by phone) that he was ďdrawing a line in the sand and now willing to cross it.

Beth,

I appreciate you to taking the time to respond, but throughout the course of the day I have taken several approaches regarding this issue and have been told that Iím pretty much S.O.L in the matter and the Bowtech isnít going to participate in any resolution. Period.

I am the original owner and purchased thru a local shop that is no longer in business. I did NOT register it and thru the course of two conversation with Ashley(@ ext2072) she informed me that the serial number is tracked to some shop out of state(Iím in TX. Bow was purchased in TX), but would t reveal which state. I told her that I donít know how all that works but know what I bought and where as this was the 3rd NEW Bowtech that Iíd purchased. First being the Mighty Mighy, second being the Tribute, and thirdly this Destroyer. Per my last conversation with her(Ashley) she said that she couldnít do anything, Bowtech wouldnít do anything, and that if she did she would have to answer to a superior. I requested that I speak to said superior....at which time I was transferred to Ext 2067. No name, no answer, and have yet to receive a return call.

My NEXT move was to contact your(Bowtechís) preferred dealer in my area(Mesquite Archery) and had Scott reach out to Bowtech to try and help with the matter....he to called back to inform me that I was S.O.L.

To say Iím disappointed is a understatement. I fee that formalities are being used in a effort to brush aside another issue with a product that is notorious for this exact mishap and Iím sure one that has haunted the company since itís reared itís ugly head and Iím sure yíall are ready to move on from and forget.....except their are still some of out here that continue to shoot and use your bow because we(I) like and enjoy this unit. This has been a disheartening day, but has clarified Bowtechís stance, to me, as to where they stand with backing their products and their customers. Now Iíve got 15 days before I leave for Colorado for my first DIY elk hunt and Iíve got to find a new bow to pack into the mountains with me when I go......mailing it to you to do anything(if anything) in that timeframe is not a option.

Jason Gilstrap

On Aug 27, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Beth Harrold <Beth.Harrold@bowtecharchery.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

Are you the original owner of the bow? And can you provide the serial number to me? You can either go here to send the bow in to us https://bowtecharchery.com/returns/ or take it to your closest authorized dealer and they can get in contact with us. Unfortunately we no longer have limbs for this bow, and if you are the original owner the bow will need to come back to us.

Thank you, have a good day.

Bethany Harrold | Customer Service Representative

Bowtech, Inc. | 90554 Highway 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402

(541)284-4711 x 2085 |http://www.bowtecharchery.com

<image004.jpg>

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:04 AM

To: Information Box (Bowtech) <info@bowtecharchery.com>

Subject: Bowtech Destroyer 340 limb

16 days before I leave on my first Colorado archery elk hunt and mid practice session, while at full draw, this happened. Please advise on what can be done, in a expedited manner, to get me up and running again. Thanks

<image002.jpg>

Jason Gilstrap

Wow, reading these emails makes me want to switch brands just on principle!! That ainít right and they shouldnít treat you like that. If a customer has a legitimate complaint/concern, you should be able to take it up with the CEO if needed!! This is ridiculous!

Old 08-31-2019, 11:06 AM   #33
JRG_80
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by haas0311 View Post
Wow, reading these emails makes me want to switch brands just on principle!! That ainít right and they shouldnít treat you like that. If a customer has a legitimate complaint/concern, you should be able to take it up with the CEO if needed!! This is ridiculous!

My thoughts and stance on the matter completely. Reps can say what they want, taught, told to say.....but ultimately itís the actions of the company that is truly the testament for the Company, and in this case itís been a big for me until shown otherwise.

jrg

Old 08-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #34
muddyfuzzy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Parts Unknown

In my archery career I have owned at least one model from all the major manufacturers except Bowtech. I donít have a problem so much with them having product issues more with how they handle them. Their lack of ownership for known problems and overall initiative in taking care of customers with complaints leaves a lot to be desired and is downright unacceptable. Itís a shame because they always put out bows with great specs that perform well WHEN they are functioning properly.

muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 05:54 PM   #35
LiftAndShoot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kaufman County

Man this is bad PR, too. I'm on my last season of the bow I shoot (brand irrelevant, but the bow doesn't fit me at all) and from everything I've been reading the bowtech Realm SR6 from this year was my target. Now I'm starting to doubt..
LiftAndShoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #36
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:

Between cams creaking and limbs breaking, I don't know how they stay in business.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #37
haas0311
Pope & Young

Quote:
My thoughts and stance on the matter completely. Reps can say what they want, taught, told to say.....but ultimately itís the actions of the company that is truly the testament for the Company, and in this case itís been a big for me until shown otherwise.

jrg

Aside from all that mess, are those limbs I sent treating you right?

Old 09-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #38
TxMedic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I’ve owned several brands of bows but I’m a Mathews believer at this point. I didn’t think I’d ever like a bow as much as my Z7...until I shot a NoCam! Hands down best bow I’ve owned. Make the switch, you won’t regret it.
TxMedic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2019, 06:07 AM   #39
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

I buy used bows and have never had a warranty issue come up.

There is one thing missing from this conversation. What gpp arrow is being used? I know that compounds are supposed to tolerate some ridiculously low gpp combinations, but this may be a situation where getting the arrow weight up will solve the problem. Heavy arrows are a good thing in the hunting world. The lust for higher speed has some of these bows stressed to the maximum and perhaps beyond. I try to stay above eight grains per pound of draw on all of my bows and bump it on up to eleven grains per pound for hunting arrows.
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #40
JRG_80
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
I buy used bows and have never had a warranty issue come up.

There is one thing missing from this conversation. What gpp arrow is being used? I know that compounds are supposed to tolerate some ridiculously low gpp combinations, but this may be a situation where getting the arrow weight up will solve the problem. Heavy arrows are a good thing in the hunting world. The lust for higher speed has some of these bows stressed to the maximum and perhaps beyond. I try to stay above eight grains per pound of draw on all of my bows and bump it on up to eleven grains per pound for hunting arrows.
I was throwing a 467gr FMJ when my bow Destroyer blew up....which puts me at about 6.7gpp.

jrg
Old 09-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #41
JRG_80
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by haas0311 View Post
Aside from all that mess, are those limbs I sent treating you right?

Dialed back in my friend

jrg
Old 09-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #42
tx_basser
Four Point

Hunt In: Any place Public

They arent called "Blowtech" without reason.
tx_basser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2019, 11:08 PM   #43
kingranch
Ten Point

Wow bet the bowtech rep ain't to thrilled about this post...little did they know how big the tbh community is and how many people this will reach. Shame that they don't stand behind the product...I won't go near a bowtech now thanks for sharing your experience
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #44
haas0311
Pope & Young

Quote:
Dialed back in my friend

jrg
Rock on!! Glad to hear it!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #45
haas0311
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
Wow bet the bowtech rep ain't to thrilled about this post...little did they know how big the tbh community is and how many people this will reach. Shame that they don't stand behind the product...I won't go near a bowtech now thanks for sharing your experience
I agree it sucks but the dang SR6 is just too good of a bow to now want, lol!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #46
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: DCNF, SHNF, CROCKETT

Bear
UrbanBuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #47
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech_CS View Post
Haha obviously not. How about you have your customer service contact this guy who has a problem and work it out. I doubt you will read this, being that you created an account to make this terrible attempt at damage control, but I will never buy a bowtech just from this deal alone.
be12hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #48
Fishcat91
Eight Point

Hunt In: Secret Spot

Check out the Hoyt’s.
Fishcat91 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #49
markzles
Nubbin' Buck

Have and still shoot the Bowtech General with recalled limbs. Shoots great but sad to see issues still lingering all these years
markzles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #50
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Sucked about the Bowtech. I'm sure the Matthews will be fabulous! Be sure and get the monkey penises for your strings.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top