Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #551
Tbuddyandroby
Eight Point

Hunt In: Votaw

My Dr. put me on the gel about 3 months ago. My results were 190. I'm due for a followup at the end of this month with bloodwork etc. I don't like the gel because I work outside and i think it disolves before time to absorb and work. I don't feel any different either. I'm going to ask for a 2/3 time a week injection for sure depending on my followup bloodwork.
Tbuddyandroby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #552
ShoootLow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Most of Texas

I've been much happier on 2x/week injections. Much more stable and I feel more energy. The roller coaster from once a week was too much for me....just have to stick yourself twice a week.

Anyone on pellets? What do you think?
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #553
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoootLow View Post
I've been much happier on 2x/week injections. Much more stable and I feel more energy. The roller coaster from once a week was too much for me....just have to stick yourself twice a week.

Anyone on pellets? What do you think?
Yep, best thing I every did for helping me "feel" better and have the energy to get out and do work around my place, the deer lease, wade fish longer, oh and yea, that too... No up/down cycles, I'm good for 5 months... The implants last about 5 1/2 months so I go in at 5 months and it's an even cycle with little to no noticeable energy cycles...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #554
Tbone3636
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Got tested about a month ago, I was sitting at 110.... yes stupid low although I did some playing around with test back in the day so I knew mine was low but geez 110 is bad. Problem doc has is my wife and I still want one more kid and heíll only prescribe clomid or test. So heís got me on 50 mg of clomid 5 days a week for now. May have to go some place else, Iíve heard you can take test with hcg and not do too much damage to your swimmers. Anyways process has been at least started. Any advice is well received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tbone3636 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #555
67olds442
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nolan County

Has anyone had any luck with using patches?
67olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #556
ShoootLow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Most of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Yep, best thing I every did for helping me "feel" better and have the energy to get out and do work around my place, the deer lease, wade fish longer, oh and yea, that too... No up/down cycles, I'm good for 5 months... The implants last about 5 1/2 months so I go in at 5 months and it's an even cycle with little to no noticeable energy cycles...

If you don't mind me asking, or want to PM instead....do you know your dosage/number of pellets and what your levels run?
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #557
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Hunt In: Warren, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone3636 View Post
Got tested about a month ago, I was sitting at 110.... yes stupid low although I did some playing around with test back in the day so I knew mine was low but geez 110 is bad. Problem doc has is my wife and I still want one more kid and heíll only prescribe clomid or test. So heís got me on 50 mg of clomid 5 days a week for now. May have to go some place else, Iíve heard you can take test with hcg and not do too much damage to your swimmers. Anyways process has been at least started. Any advice is well received.

I was on Test + HCG and my wife and I had a second baby. My swimmer were less than 40% type A and B (or whatever the measure is). Itís possible but it is more challenging.

Clomid is straight up poison and I hate that stuff. Also has some really bad side effects on your eyes.

Hammerdown15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #558
Tbone3636
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
I was on Test + HCG and my wife and I had a second baby. My swimmer were less than 40% type A and B (or whatever the measure is). Itís possible but it is more challenging.

Clomid is straight up poison and I hate that stuff. Also has some really bad side effects on your eyes.

Do you think I should just swap to hcg by itself and get off clomid? I guess I didnít know that clomid had that bad of side effects.

Tbone3636 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #559
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Hunt In: Warren, Tx
Default Testosterone Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone3636 View Post
Do you think I should just swap to hcg by itself and get off clomid? I guess I didnít know that clomid had that bad of side effects.

Itís different for everyone. I had really bad side effects with Clomid. HCG alone can work for some if your body can produce enough testosterone to sustain you until your wife gets pregnant. I didnít get high enough levels with HCG alone to get rid of the symptoms of Low T so I had to add TEST. I got tired of the two medications and went with just T twice a week.

Hammerdown15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #560
hound dog
Eight Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

How do you get your actual count? I had my blood drawn and results said 5.9L
It gave the average, and I was below the average. So is 5.9 equal to 590?
hound dog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #561
Dave W
Ten Point

Hunt In: Crystal City

I got my test result back at 220. The PCP doc wants to try an increase in exercise.
He also says that if you start taking it that your body might stop producing its own. Is that correct?

after reading this thread I may go back and see a uroligist or something.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #562
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County

I was about 290 and had the pellets put in last month and absolutely no noticeable changes for me....blood test in 3 weeks so we will see where I am.

TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #563
DShank76
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I got my test result back at 220. The PCP doc wants to try an increase in exercise.
He also says that if you start taking it that your body might stop producing its own. Is that correct?

That is what my urologist told me, as well as all the research online said when I looked. Weight training is the type of exercise that MAY increase low T. Slogging away on a treadmill won't do a **** thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
DShank76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #564
wfenner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post

I have been on it for several years. my thoughts on this is that if your levels are that low then your body has already stopped making it, granted im no dr
wfenner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #565
Trevor73402
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfenner View Post
I have been on it for several years. my thoughts on this is that if your levels are that low then your body has already stopped making it, granted im no dr
100% correct.

Guys, you need to have your test levels around 800-1200 ng/dL. If you are over 30yrs old, your body is most likely not producing these levels. For a man, a level of 200 might as well be zero. So donít worry about your body not producing itís own anymore because itís already not doing the job.

Also, the weight lifting thing. A male under 40 might raise his levels 30-90 points by frequently lifting, but you will not see any significant difference. And did you really raise your levels or is that just the variance in the lab work from one blood draw to the next?
Trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 PM   #566
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor73402 View Post
100% correct.

Guys, you need to have your test levels around 800-1200 ng/dL. If you are over 30yrs old, your body is most likely not producing these levels. For a man, a level of 200 might as well be zero. So donít worry about your body not producing itís own anymore because itís already not doing the job.

Also, the weight lifting thing. A male under 40 might raise his levels 30-90 points by frequently lifting, but you will not see any significant difference. And did you really raise your levels or is that just the variance in the lab work from one blood draw to the next?

Exactly. And donít go get tested early in the morning when your testosterone is at its highest. AKA morning wood. Go to the latest appointment you can when your azz is dragging. Thatís when you need test the most. If you get you numbers up where they should be youíll notice it. You will have no doubt if itís working. Youíll actually want to do stuff after work instead of dead tired on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #567
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie County

How long does it take to kick in when you get an injection every two weeks? I got my first injection today.

My numbers are pretty high. If I threw my number out there some of you guys would throw rocks at me. I told my primary care guy I wanted to be at the top of the spectrum and I pretty much talked him into giving it to me. So I am starting out pretty high and trying to get to the tops of the ceiling.
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #568
sdfrench
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I'm invited!

Hormones need to be in balance. Watch your estradiol levels as you don't want them high. I am on a 2 week cycle. Considering every week shot instead to have a shorter cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
sdfrench is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #569
sdfrench
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Kevin View Post
How long does it take to kick in when you get an injection every two weeks? I got my first injection today.

My numbers are pretty high. If I threw my number out there some of you guys would throw rocks at me. I told my primary care guy I wanted to be at the top of the spectrum and I pretty much talked him into giving it to me. So I am starting out pretty high and trying to get to the tops of the ceiling.
Should kick in pretty quickly. Peak reading will be a week after the injection.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #570
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfrench View Post
Hormones need to be in balance. Watch your estradiol levels as you don't want them high. I am on a 2 week cycle. Considering every week shot instead to have a shorter cycle.
Don't know what the heck an estradiol is. I guess I need to ask my doc. I have to go do bloodwork every 6 weeks because of how high I was when I started. I got one of these looks from him when I told him what I was wanting to do and why.
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #571
Kooter80
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

2ml once a week, life is good!
Kooter80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #572
Pauly G
Four Point

Hunt In: Votaw, Tx

So what if one was to utilize Tren??
Pauly G is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #573
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca, Live Oak, Duval

Almost 55 & at 278 last blood draw. Doc says tone down on the alcohol & get to working out again, wants to retest in a few months. I call BS.
Shots or pellets ?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #574
sdfrench
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Kevin View Post
Don't know what the heck an estradiol is. I guess I need to ask my doc. I have to go do bloodwork every 6 weeks because of how high I was when I started. I got one of these looks from him when I told him what I was wanting to do and why.
Estradiol is estrogen level. The body can convert excess test to estrogen.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #575
John Paul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blackhill, McCoy, Encinal

Shot once a wk. 3.5ML. My levels once were 250 I am regularly now 680 to 900.
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #576
6.5CM
Eight Point

Hunt In: Starr County

I read into some of the symptoms of low T and I think I fall into the category, how does one look into this treatment? Would I just go see my Dr and tell them how I feel or what I think it is, at that point will they run test to check?
6.5CM is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #577
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Yep, pretty much... Tell the Dr. you want you total testosterone checked including "free" testosterone... That's the important one...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #578
JimPat
Four Point

estradiol is E2, of the three types of estrogen, E2 is the one that wreaks havoc on guys.

Find out if you are primary or secondary. If you don't know what this means...do some studying.

Know total T, Free T, PSA, E2, Hematocrit, hemoglobin, CBC, etc.

Exogenous T suppresses bodily-produced T. If you are low....you are low. You can always stop and go back to being low again.

Guys need to study this....a LOT...before you go jacking with your hormones. Know what you are sticking in you and what it does....how it interacts with the HPTA axis.

If none of this makes sense....do some reading as you aren't ready to star sticking yourself with hormones.

This can be greatly beneficial but can also jack you up long-term if you aren't careful. Most docs don't know **** about this stuff. If they don't measure E2...walk away and find another doc.
JimPat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #579
Trevor73402
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Paul View Post
Shot once a wk. 3.5ML. My levels once were 250 I am regularly now 680 to 900.
3.5ml a week huh? Iím a bodybuilder, 225lbs and around 8% bodyfat and I donít even take 3.5ml of test per week. If itís Cyp 200, thatís 700mg per week. Your levels should be around 2500-4000 depending on how your body metabolizes the hormone.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #580
JimPat
Four Point

Quote:
3.5ml a week huh? Iím a bodybuilder, 225lbs and around 8% bodyfat and I donít even take 3.5ml of test per week. If itís Cyp 200, thatís 700mg per week. Your levels should be around 2500-4000 depending on how your body metabolizes the hormone.
yup, that's an insane amount of T. You must have man-boobs down to your ankles; or....it was a typo.
JimPat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #581
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Pics or the man-boobs didnt happen.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #582
Trevor73402
Eight Point

The high test dosage doesn’t mean instant man boobs. I’ve been on a 1000mg’s a week before for extended periods of time and no anti-estrogens or aromatase inhibitors and I don’t have man tits. Everyone responds differently. Some people are prone to gyno, some aren’t.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #583
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
The high test dosage doesnít mean instant man boobs. Iíve been on a 1000mgís a week before for extended periods of time and no anti-estrogens or aromatase inhibitors and I donít have man tits. Everyone responds differently. Some people are prone to gyno, some arenít.
Im not sure what you said.. but im pretty sure ive read it before in penthouse forums...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #584
Rockstar69
Spike

Hunt In: Not sure yet

Pellets in May. Test results in July 999. Lost 32lbs and loving life.......................
Rockstar69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #585
John Paul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blackhill, McCoy, Encinal

Sorry. Wife gives me the shot. It’s .35 lol.

You ain’t getting pics of my man boobs.
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #586
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Foard Co.

We want more kids so staying away for now. Not sure if hgh would help and still be okay for makin babies
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #587
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

I'm 73 years old and when the morning comes that I can easily roll over onto my stomach as soon as I wake up, I might consider taking some of that T whatever. The only problem I see is that I might not remember why I even took the stuff.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #588
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

T therapy prolly saved a good friend of mine's life or him needing a transplant. No, not from taking the snake oil.....the blood test showed some issues with his liver. He would have never known until it was too late. Everyone should get tested for that reason.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #589
Tbuddyandroby
Eight Point

I’m on week 6 of T .5ml/wk. Has anyone had trouble sleeping? I’ll sleep good the first 3 or 4 hours and toss and turn the remaining night; especially if I get up and get water or go to the restroom. I Do feel this week has been Better.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #590
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
T therapy prolly saved a good friend of mine's life or him needing a transplant. No, not from taking the snake oil.....the blood test showed some issues with his liver. He would have never known until it was too late. Everyone should get tested for that reason.

I kinda of have the same story. A good friend went to my dr to try to get on test. Blood work was all out of whack. Ends up it saved his life. He had to have heart surgery the next week. Forgot the reason but it would have been bad. Got his heart fixed and now heís on test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #591
Grant2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort

Just got the pellets in my butt today so will see. Itís not cheap, but they say itís better than the shots or gel.

Last edited by Grant2; 08-30-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:50 AM   #592
MikeyG
Ten Point

Default Testosterone Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
Iím on week 6 of T .5ml/wk. Has anyone had trouble sleeping? Iíll sleep good the first 3 or 4 hours and toss and turn the remaining night; especially if I get up and get water or go to the restroom. I Do feel this week has been Better.

Edit

Last edited by MikeyG; 08-31-2019 at 07:52 AM.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:51 AM   #593
MikeyG
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
Iím on week 6 of T .5ml/wk. Has anyone had trouble sleeping? Iíll sleep good the first 3 or 4 hours and toss and turn the remaining night; especially if I get up and get water or go to the restroom. I Do feel this week has been Better.

I notice this if Iím not exercising consistently. I need at least 4 days a week in the gym to sleep like a baby.

MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #594
Tbuddyandroby
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I notice this if Iím not exercising consistently. I need at least 4 days a week in the gym to sleep like a baby.

Sleep has gotten a lot better since my post, but I can tell if I stay up too long, I'll be wide awake. I think I will add another workout or run during the week.
Thanks