Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

average cost per sq ft on building a home

Trying to get a handle on avg cost excluding land or lot. Thanks

i think it depends on the builder brandon.

Comment

go in thinking $100/sq'

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
        go in thinking $100/sq'
        I'm building a house and I ain't paying anywhere near $100 a square ft. Shop around and you can find a good price right now.

Comment

go in thinking $100/sq'
          this is about average i think

Comment

when my parents had their home build i want to say it was like $65 or so a sq foot, but i honestly cant remember. it is also a custom home.

Comment

It is around $100 a foot now days. If you can do some of the work yourself or your own subcontracting you can bring it down some.

Comment

A lot of folks will give you a lot of different answers. My wife and I spent $140/sq. ft. on a custom built home with moderately high end fixtures, appliances and detail work. That was a full custom house.

Good luck. It is a fun process...

Comment

For custom it will be well over $100/ft if you have upgrades like granite, custom cabinets, nice trim work, etc....

Comment

$86

Comment

Get away from the name brand builders. Do your reasearch and you can get a full on custom home for less than $80 a square ft.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Get away from the name brand builders. Do your reasearch and you can get a full on custom home for less than $80 a square ft.

Comment

sometimes it works, sometimes you just get a cheap built house

Comment

Depends on the area, around here it's 80 to 120 with reputable builders.

Comment

sometimes it works, sometimes you just get a cheap built house
                              Very true. There are way too many variables to give you an accurate guesstimate. I get this question DAILY! I liken it to "How much does a car cost?" unless you specify a Civic or Escalade, there is no way to answer that question. $100 psf is a decent starting number. Feel free to PM me and I can help you more.

Comment

Working...
                              X