Velocity build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocity build

Can someone run this set up through one spine programs? I used the victory spine calculator & it says it good. Just want to make sure before I commit to another dozen arrows & inserts.

2016 Obsession K34
    29” Dl
    60lbs 85% let off

Gt Velocity shaft 27.5”
    100gr brass insert
    70gr FACT weights
    125gr head

Should come in around 535gr I believe, so it would be slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just threw one of my older Velocity 300 together with an aluminum insert with 130gr fact weight & 125gr head came out to 538gr with 21.49% foc. Gonna shoot them tomorrow to see how they fly & get a speed on them. I think with 100gr brass inserts the foc will bump up to around 23% maybe.

Comment

That is a good weight.

Comment

I can't comment on your set up but I am a big fan of GT Velocity. Great arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          That is a good weight.

Good weight but I’m struggling with the speed. It’s shooting 228fps. That makes me nervous.

Comment

Go to a 450 grain arrow and you should pick up about 30 FPS. and i bet with a CoC broadhead you have a hard time keeping arrows in deer

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
              Good weight but I’m struggling with the speed. It’s shooting 228fps. That makes me nervous.

Nothing to be worried about......Trad guys have been having success shooting much slower than that for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                Nothing to be worried about......Trad guys have been having success shooting much slower than that for a long time.

This is true and i am a trad guy too, but i didn't buy a compound to shoot trad velocities. Maybe the OP didn't either. I know his slow arrows will work fine, but rainbow trajectories may not be what he is after

Comment

Velocity build

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  This is true and i am a trad guy too, but i didn't buy a compound to shoot trad velocities. Maybe the OP didn't either. I know his slow arrows will work fine, but rainbow trajectories may not be what he is after

Then the OP shouldn’t be building and aggressive EFOC setup. The math is the math and the physics are the physics. No reason to go through the process building an arrow only to be disappointed by the speed when velocity is pretty predictable.

Comment

Then the OP shouldn’t be building and aggressive EFOC setup. The math is the math and the physics are the physics. No reason to go through the process building an arrow only to be disappointed by the speed when velocity is pretty predictable.

True enough :-)

Comment

Two things you can control. Mass of the arrow and the speed. For people that want mass and speed then you must by a high K.E. bow.

Comment

I’m gonna roll with the arrow build. I was thinking yesterday & really the farthest shot where I hunt is about 25yrds. So I think 228fps would be fine. But definitely will be building some heavier arrows for my Full Throttle. I shot it through the chrony with my the 470gr arrows I built for it & they’re running 300. So I think I can go a bit heavier. I’m gonna shoot the 538gr arrow out it today & see the speed.

Comment

At the distances you have stated that setup will be pretty awesome. You are going to be blowing through some critters.

Comment

At the distances you have stated that setup will be pretty awesome. You are going to be blowing through some critters.

Just trying to save my shoulders. I’ve shot my Full Throttle several times last week & im feeling it. My right shoulder feels like it has a knife in it at times.

Comment

Turned the full throttle down some & shot it. Feels pretty good at 59lbs. Still shooting a 478gr arrow at 271fps. Addding weight to the arrow this evening to get to around 250fps. Should be deadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X