Workplace pranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
    We got a snake this week and put it under a cup. The coach moved the cup and screamed like a little girl. Going to mess with the computer now
    Did this many years ago but with a spider. In the breakroom the foam cups were all stacked and pulled top one, put spider in it then put it back on top of the stack.
    Was a great time watching folks reactions when they happened to look in the cup.

Comment

My supervisor brought a small box to my desk and told me he had a broken watch that he wanted me to try and fix. I opened it up and he had put a coral snake (dead) inside of it

Comment

My brother pulled a good one a few years back that had me cracking up.

He bought a fart machine with a remote to set it off. He hid it in a good looking co-workers office wall.
        When he would see someone walk by her office he would hit the fart machine. I guess the water cooler talk was all about how much this chick farted. When the machine was eventually found she said she thought it was the dude in the office next to her that had the farts.

Of course I had to go buy a fart machine after he told me a about that.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          I hope ya'll don't work at a government job, I would hate to know my tax dollars are going to pay for that waste of time. How much in time and broken equipment does that cost your company?
          If they are government workers pranks and equipment repair time take away from the time they are doing their jobs, which is likely effing up the world since the government told them to do it.

Comment

I work in a warehouse and the other day a guy I work with (who is very gullible) lost his water bottle. It was in plain sight the whole time and he was looking everywhere for it. I finally got it and moved it to his desk and he sat down and had the most confused look on his face. He said "That wasn't there the whole time." I had him convinced it was and now I've started moving that bottle to different locations every now and then. He just looks at it when he realizes it wasn't there a minute or two before and has this perplexed look on his face.

I better stop that. He's gonna think he's losing his marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              Well, you have missed my point completely. I am not talking about joking around and visiting, I have been responding to the post about that have been about tearing up key boards, pranks where a copy repair man has to come out for an hour, or people are trying to figure out what is wrong with a piece of equipment for an hour. I am sure that your business journals will also tell you that unnecessary down time cost businesses a tremendous amounts of money. Also equipment breakage is another huge profit eater, and that is legitimate breakage, not things being broke for fun. I would rather my employees joke around a little, not tear things up, and be able to pay them better, because we are not wasting money on BS, but maybe your employer likes to do things different.
              I get where you're coming from and if equipment is broken as a result of a prank then it's not really a prank anymore. However, the occasional personal pranking and joking around between employees keeps the workplace mood lightened and keeps employees engaged in their jobs. Its much cheaper in the long run to have increased employee retention due to increased morale from a little down time & goofing off than to have to re-hire because of large turnover due to disengaged employees.

I could write volumes on some of the pranks pulled in our office but I think it would set off some of the site filters LOL
              Last edited by JonBoy; 08-22-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

We did some irresponsible, yet highly entertaining, stuff with dead rattlesnakes, in the W.TX. oil patch back in the 80's. Good times

Comment

About the only one I can post on here is...we had a guy on our submarine that was trying to lose weight...every few days, we would cut a little bit off of his belt.

Comment

Super glue a half dollar to the floor

Comment

I work in a firehouse, the pranks are endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                        I work in a firehouse, the pranks are endless.
                        Hale yeah! When someone is on the throne, pour a nice trail of flour along the bottom of the door........then blast it with an scba bottle! Looks like a flour mill blew up in there! More flour and a helper and they come out looking like a ghost! .

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post

[ATTACH]744743[/ATTACH]
                          That’s what I’m saying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post

[ATTACH]744743[/ATTACH]
                            This made me smile

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                              Hold CTRL+ALT+any arrow direction to flip the screen. Works on most computers, not all.
                              I got a buddy in our training class when he went to the bathroom a few years back. We let him use it for about 15 minutes before showing him how to fix it

Click image for larger version

Name:	2318308A-99C9-4DB7-AACC-6F7AD5CA3716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24589034

Comment

Back in the '80s I worked in an office full to the gills with pranksters---this was in the Army and if you hung your class A green dress coat in the hallway, you best check things before you put it on and wore it out---medals switched, branch insignia and US switched, rank turned upside down---. The women's dress hat, which we called the "wonder woman" hat had a leather inside band, and one day we found one unattended and folded the band down, lined it with mustard, and folded it back up. At the end of hall was another section with a receptionist at a metal desk. She would snooze at her desk and one day someone rolled a bowlingball down the hall right into her desk. I'm surprised she dind't have a heart attack right then and there.

I'll post more later---I can go on for pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X