Towing question/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    and different rearend etc. More than a sticker and a spring.
    Ford has just changed up the rear end for the 17+ F-350 SRWs. It’s a Dana M-275 instead of the Sterling 10.5 which comes standard in the 250s. The 250 can be optioned with the Dana M275 as well. The Sterling 10.5 was the axle used for the 2011-2016 F-350 SRWs also, and they had the same 11,500 GVWR AS THE 17+ trucks. So let’s be honest here. That axle has nothing to do with it’s weight carrying ability. The limiting factor is the sticker on the door.
    Last edited by TX03RUBI; 08-21-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Take an empty tote to the lease and fill it a little at a time from 55 gallon poly barrels. Use a cheap transfer pump to move water from the barrels in your truck to the tote. This is what we do.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ever try changing a tire with that much weight. Be safe and make an extra trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          I will not be attempting to unload the tote, I have a 2 inch pump that I connect to the tote to pump water from the truck to the tote at my feed pen.
          Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
          Take an empty tote to the lease and fill it a little at a time from 55 gallon poly barrels. Use a cheap transfer pump to move water from the barrels in your truck to the tote. This is what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Ever try changing a tire with that much weight. Be safe and make an extra trip.
            Boy no kidding, I now carry both a 20 ton bottle jack and a 2 1/2 ton mini floor jack , you are SOL if you are relying on anything else or less
            And some 4x4 boards to help get a trailer off the ground if I ever get a double blow out

Comment

What part of 3/4 ton do you not understand?

Comment

Working...
              X