No announcement yet.

AR Going Full-Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive had several and have put several into guns for friends, weve never had an issue and love them. dont know if id buy one used, guy could have messed with it

Comment

Lots of good advice here and I will be back in touch. Thx

Comment

Pretty sure I have a velocity . If I loosen it a hair I will get a fire on pull and then release.

Comment

cblackall---you described my technique pretty much to a T--I need to man-up on the trigger. Got it back today so I'll get it installed and to the range for a retest.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Easy boys

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Easy boys

[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My CMC 3.5 straight trigger doubled a few times on me but I'm now 99% certain it was from me not running the reset properly and essentially bumpfiring it as it hasnt happened since I've gotten used to the trigger.

If you are used to a heavier trigger it is really easy to miss the reset point and bump the trigger again instead

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  I will keep this in mind--they also told me that the non-metal uppers are so flexible that it often causes this problem. The Ruger is metal, so that shouldn't be part of the problem.

And, while it might be fun to go full auto on hogs, I don't have the license for a full-auto and don't want the po-po to come get me and take me away if they hear it rip off a burst.

I wasn’t going to post about this until this comment. There is a difference in a full auto ar/m4/m16 platform and a semi-auto rifle that is having a malfunction. I’m not posting to belittle but to educate. For an AR weapon to be made a true full auto or burst there has to be a specific part added to the rifle that creates the action. That also requires modification of the lower. It will be very easy for you to demonstrate that your weapon is MALFUNCTIONING not a burst weapon or full auto.

I would highly recommend getting rid of this trigger if you can’t get it to function properly. A Rock River two stage trigger is an outstanding (and safe) hunting trigger for about 100$. The ALG defense ACT is a great all around trigger for about 70$.

If you would like more information or any of my background with these weapons shoot me a DM.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Sierracharlie338--thanks for the clarificationand I understand your background concerning the AR platform, and you are right---it wasn't going full-auto, but the malfunction was resulting on a two-shot run. I think it is more my trigger technique (rimfire benchrest shooting) as much as anything. I'll get the trigger reinstalled Tuesday and to the range, and report back.

Comment

Sierracharlie338--thanks for the clarificationand I understand your background concerning the AR platform, and you are right---it wasn't going full-auto, but the malfunction was resulting on a two-shot run. I think it is more my trigger technique (rimfire benchrest shooting) as much as anything. I'll get the trigger reinstalled Tuesday and to the range, and report back.

Please do. I don’t know anyone that has used one of those so I’m curious to see how it works out for you.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Trigger technique is what causes most all of these issues on the AR...it sure was in my case & was also shooting a benchrest style with the Jewell set as light as it could go on the bench free recoil for groups. Basically acts similar to the bump stock to where the reset catches for just a fraction & releases. Rarely will it go more than 2-3 shots & not really a shooting style that works well for these guns.

The auto seer on my m16 works in a completely different manner & many think it just allows the hammer to simply free fall along the forward moving bolt & not the case...the hammer hits in a full solid swing motion from the cocked position no different than it does on the first shot, just instantaneously after the bolt reaches full forward position.

Comment

Well--as cblackall and Artos posted previously, I think they had it figured out---user error. Did the install today, torqued it down nice and tight and went to the range. Other than having to get the backstop up to 10-12' from the bench to get it on paper, no problems. I did experiment with bench-rest technique and it did double on me. So, just have to get myself out of a habit I have had for years and years, and change my grip and trigger finger habit.

Rifle is zeroed nicely and tomorrow evening Anna and I will be out sitting in ambush---her last hunt before heading back to college on Friday.

Comment

Well--as cblackall and Artos posted previously, I think they had it figured out---user error. Did the install today, torqued it down nice and tight and went to the range. Other than having to get the backstop up to 10-12' from the bench to get it on paper, no problems. I did experiment with bench-rest technique and it did double on me. So, just have to get myself out of a habit I have had for years and years, and change my grip and trigger finger habit.

Rifle is zeroed nicely and tomorrow evening Anna and I will be out sitting in ambush---her last hunt before heading back to college on Friday.
                            Thanks to all for advice --

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Glad it worked out, and good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X