Hard Hat Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Back when I was new in the pipeline world I was working in operations and the only sticker I had on my hard hat was one of the small join cca redfish stickers on the back of my hard hat. The safety guy came up to me and told me I had to take it off. I thought he was kidding and just laughed. He said no I’m serious take it off. I asked why and he said against osha. I told him to go make love to himself and he got all pissy and called our superintendent. Superintendent called me in with the safety guy there. Asked me what happened, I told him. He asked the safety guy if what I said was true he said yep. He asked the safety guy if there was anything else I was doing wrong, he said nope. Superintendent told me to keep up the good work and get back to it. Told the safety guy if he didn’t have anything better to do than harass good employees about a f'n sticker he needed to let him know. Bahahahahaha
    Yeah, I don't think he would have enjoyed the response out here either. Poor ol safety guy has a hard enough time getting respect from the hands, don't think it would be prudent to call someone out over something that trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      When I worked for Koch we used BeAed safety for our safety stickers etc. they are located in Houston and corpus
      They are the go to for items like stickers and trinkets.

Comment

Safety stickers.... kinda.

This Tools & Equipment item by AvEwerkz has 4318 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Canada. Listed on Aug 3, 2023

Comment

OSHA standards are no hard hat stickers may cover up a flaw in the hard hat
          Thanks Nerd!!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            In all seriousness, we quit using hardhat stickers. We put our company logo on all of our hardhats for our employees and that's it. Hardhat stickers are for field hands that collect stickers for their hardhat or toolbox. There's nothing wrong with that but those people are usually not decision makers when it comes to picking your company for a project.

If you want something to hand out to other people try koozies, pens, toothpick dispensers, sun glass holders, coffee cups, mouse pads, coolers, shirts, hats, knives, flashlights, etc. Put your brand on whatever you think people will like and hand it out to who you see fit. It's more expensive than stickers but it's much better from a marketing standpoint.
            A lot of companies make you go through a safety orientation and then give you a hard hat sticker to show you have been trained.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

OSHA standards are no hard hat stickers may cover up a flaw in the hard hat
              Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
              Most of the plants / facilities I go in require you to have their safety orientation sticker on your hard hat. First I’ve heard of the OSHA rule.

Makes sense just never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The OSHA rule is a joke. As soon as you finish HSE induction, working at height, confined space entry, etc HSE Department gives you a sticker to prove you’re “certified” for those higher risk activities. Gotta be able to see you've been trained from a distance...

Comment

Funny how the old timers and knowledgeable hands don’t worry about all those cool stickers, cutie frc’s with fancy stitching, leather radio vest with their initials, and designer safety glasses

Comment

OSHA standards say no stickers. What companies allow us another thing. However let a serious injury occur and OSHA investigates fines can change a company's mind quick.

Gary

Comment

Offshore is under BSEE, not OSHA. Offshore hands will absolutely cover a hard hat with stickers.

Comment

Starting to see the sticker thing die out here in the field, was pretty big thing to have hard hat covered with stickers several years ago "string up crew was my favorite". New thing that I personally like is the company logo on the yeti/artic style cups. Cant have enough of those.

Comment

Nipple up

Comment

Working...
                        X