Concrete Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete Question

Going rate for turnkey flat work in the Longview area is $4.50-$4.75. How much less should I expect if I have forms and rebar in place and I only need the crew to meet the truck and work/finish the pad. I’m building patio/parking pads. A 15 x 25 and a 21 x 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you just need it poured and finished I can probably meet you in the middle. I might can do it for 4.80 sf

Comment

I’m assuming you are trying to be funny.

Comment

Just talk to a couple local contractors to get a Saturday crew to do it for you on the side.
        Guys that know how & will do the work, Prob. $125 a man, 4 man crew. $500 , done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          I’m assuming you are trying to be funny.

Probably not. The cost is in the concrete and the labor. Lumber and wire is pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You won't save much money at all by doing the dirt and forms unless you know or use a concrete guy who you've done work with in the past, or get a quote after you build forms and do rebar. I'm a landscaper and have people tell me all the time they have a friend who will do dirt work and forms for concrete, and it ends up being shoddy, and first thing concrete guy does is tear everything out and tell me its gonna cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              Just talk to a couple local contractors to get a Saturday crew to do it for you on the side.
              Guys that know how & will do the work, Prob. $125 a man, 4 man crew. $500 , done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I agree with this. It shouldn’t be hard to find a crew. Ask around you should be able to find someone that just runs work just as you are describing. Plenty of guys in my area that do this.

Comment

All the concrete crews I work with wouldn't do it. A good crew has so much work right now and are working most Saturdays making more than $125 a day.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did all site prep, forms and rebar myself and paid $1000 for 5 guys to pour and finish a 30x60.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                    You won't save much money at all by doing the dirt and forms unless you know or use a concrete guy who you've done work with in the past, or get a quote after you build forms and do rebar. I'm a landscaper and have people tell me all the time they have a friend who will do dirt work and forms for concrete, and it ends up being shoddy, and first thing concrete guy does is tear everything out and tell me its gonna cost more.
                    I’ve saved a ton by doing all the dirt work and forms myself. I hire out the trucks and pay for the concrete myself. Just pay a few guys cash to come pour and trowel it. Roughly 1500 sq ft I was in less than $2ft. At the time I paid roughly $90/yd.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                      All the concrete crews I work with wouldn't do it. A good crew has so much work right now and are working most Saturdays making more than $125 a day.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I agree with you at least in this area, we are 3 weeks out. If you find a crew to work on Saturday for 125 a man something is wrong, again I am talking about DFW area.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        I agree with you at least in this area, we are 3 weeks out. If you find a crew to work on Saturday for 125 a man something is wrong, again I am talking about DFW area.
                        Yes, I work in DFW area. The concrete guys I use can work me in, in 2 weeks generally speaking. It's a relationship thing.

Not saying it can't be done, but i would be cautious.

Comment

I would rather pour the concrete than set the form boards and tie the rebar ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X