Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we try and visit at least once a month

Comment

My parents are both in their late 80's and still pretty sharp and active for their age.

I do my best to visit them at least once a week.

A good friend who has lost all his family except his 89 year old mother always says "Love them while you have them and let them know you do". I do all I can to follow his advice.

Comment

I live next door to my MIL and her mom lives with her. We see them all the time.
        My parents are 15 minutes away and I make an effort to go see them when I can. My dad doesn't get around very well after a car wreck a few years ago to go with his already bad back. My mom is content to stay at home and watch TV and make quilts. She never liked going and doing, where my dad was always a busy body.
        Them being around each other all the time has strained things. When I go visit, they gripe about each other to me like the other person isn't there. It's like listening to a couple teenage siblings fight about everything. I tell them both that they have been married over 60 years, give up trying to change each other. Do what makes you happy.
        My older sister was down from Oklahoma and finally witnessed what I have been telling her.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
          How often do you go see you parents?

Talk to on the phone?

Seems like my parents are always wanting me to come by, and my kids are grown now and they always want the grandkids to go by and I try to encourage them to go see them but I can't make them cause they are adults.

I know one day they wont be here, guess I'll keep trying to get by there as much as possible.
          My dad used to call me all the time to come by and help him do something that I knew dang well he could do but just didn't want to.

I remember one time I made the comment to a friend of mine who wanted to go drink a few beers, I said I can't my old man has been hounding me to come by and fix something. I said he is wearing me out with this stuff. My buddy looked at me and said, " I wish my dad could still call me and ask me to come over". His father had passed away a few years earlier. Ever since that day, I never hesitated to go see my parents. Dad passed away 15 years ago and mom passed 2-1/2 yrs ago. Everyday I wish the phone would ring wanting me to come by and fix some stupid little gadget for them.

Cherish every second you have with your parents and grandparents, they go faster than you think.

Comment

Talk to them daily. wish I could visit more often.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
              How often do you go see you parents?

Talk to on the phone?

Seems like my parents are always wanting me to come by, and my kids are grown now and they always want the grandkids to go by and I try to encourage them to go see them but I can't make them cause they are adults.

I know one day they wont be here, guess I'll keep trying to get by there as much as possible.
              My folks have been gone 20 years or so. My youngest is fixing to move out and I have one grandson...

I figure I will be like your folks pretty soon. circle of life...

Comment

We moved 5 hours to be an hour from her parents and an hour 15 minutes from mine. We dont go to visit them much depending on the time of year, but last week they were here 3 days to see kids baseball and soccer games. Now that season is over we will be going to their houses more. We text alot and talk on the phone often. Love being around my parents and having them involved in my kids lives. Dad and I have been able to do our dove hunts and he got to go fish the lakes why i elk hunted last year. Previous job didnt allow me the time off to travel and do these things. Dont know how it will be as kids get older, busier, but cherishing the times now.

Comment

Working...
                X