Shopping for a Quiver is crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for a Quiver is crazy

I have a new to me Mathews Switchback ! I’ve been searching for a quality quiver and I’m horrible about going way too in depth on researching Everything . I want a one piece that is made in the USA, 4-5 arrow, quiet, light , will hold 400 spines firmly ,has adjustable angles and has an aluminum locking mechanism on it ( nothing with plastic)! I’ve looked at the high end and middle ranges. What I have found out is they All have their problems which is sad because it tells me that QC is way down -as in with most things! Not interested in the Arrow web at all so we can move on from that one!

Help a Brother out

Have you looked at the Tight Spot? I have 5 and 3 arrow and I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      I have a new to me Mathews Switchback ! I’ve been searching for a quality quiver and I’m horrible about going way too in depth on researching Everything . I want a one piece that is made in the USA, 4-5 arrow, quiet, light , will hold 400 spines firmly ,has adjustable angles and has an aluminum locking mechanism on it ( nothing with plastic)! I’ve looked at the high end and middle ranges. What I have found out is they All have their problems which is sad because it tells me that QC is way down -as in with most things! Not interested in the Arrow web at all so we can move on from that one!

Help a Brother out
      Aluminum is loud. Nothing wrong with plastic. I've owned about all types and brands. The adjustable angles proved to be useless and offered zero benefit ( imo )
      I like Treelimb the most.
      Last edited by Traildust; 05-07-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I run Mathews quivers on my bows but they really ain’t that important to me because I don’t shoot with it on. When I get to the stand I take it off and go ahead and get an extra arrow out of it and lean up so it’s easy access. As for fit and finish they do what I ask them to and that’s hold arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          Have you looked at the Tight Spot? I have 5 and 3 arrow and I love them.
          Yes I have thank you! I need to get my hands on one to check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
            I run Mathews quivers on my bows but they really ain’t that important to me because I don’t shoot with it on. When I get to the stand I take it off and go ahead and get an extra arrow out of it and lean up so it’s easy access. As for fit and finish they do what I ask them to and that’s hold arrows.

You were reading my mind for sure---exactly what I do with my quivers.

Comment

I run a tight spot with 400 spine arrows. Love it. Easy on easy off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0Traverse 1 (Small).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24650253

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Aluminum is loud. Nothing wrong with plastic. I've owned about all types and brands. The adjustable angles proved to be useless and offered zero benefit ( imo )
                I like Treelimb the most.
                I’ve had plastic break on me in the past so I’m still a little Leary of going that route! I personally never had a noise issue with alum. Levers in the past because I was able to adjust them very firmly. I’ll check them out though

Comment

Tight Spot is about as good as it gets. The arrow holders are adjustable to fit any size shaft.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    You were reading my mind for sure---exactly what I do with my quivers.
                    X3. You'll love the Switchback. I shot one primarily for years and still have it for my back up.

Comment

If you shoot Ramcats it’s even worse. Good luck!

Comment

Another vote for Tight Spot. I’ve run one for about 8 years now and won’t buy anything different. It’s been all over the US, Canada, and Africa and held up to abuse and still holds arrows as well as the day I bought it.

Comment

Tight Spot. Lots of used ones for sale over on that other archery forum in the classifieds.

Comment

I’ll remove mine also unless I’m in an open stand.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X