3.5 eccoboost cam phasor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5 eccoboost cam phasor

Doing my homework i am reading that the Ford 3.5 eccoboost are prone to issues with the cam phasors which can lead to some significant repair expenses. Can any of you guys who follow this stuff comment. Is it an infrequent issue? Any maintenance procedures that tend to prevent it?
    Last edited by kmitchl; 03-18-2021, 06:58 PM.

My 2019 eco has a recall to reprogram the phasors.
    I scheduled for ford to do it in a few weeks

Comment

A lot of the cam phaser, and timing chain problems are a result of lack of maintenance.

Comment

Thanks. Was not aware of a recall. Other than that the 3.5 is a keeper?

Comment

love mine. Fastest truck I've ever owned

Comment

I have had mine replaced once and they are rattling again. 99,000 miles. Extended warrenty covered it. I recommend no more than 5000 mile oil changes. I ran by the oil life meter.

Ford is having troubles in most of their engines.

Comment

Coworker bought a 19 with 15k miles. First day home noticed an engine noise. Returned the truck for a different one and the dealer said that his first truck needed cam phaser work.

Comment

This is beginning to sound like the 6.5 GM diesel I owned. Four injector pumps in 127,000 miles.

Comment

5.0 v8 had a phaser recall several years ago.

Comment

I had the recall completed last week. Cam rattle went away for a few days but is now back again.

Comment

This is the description of the recall
                      "POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAM FOR CAM PHASER RATTLE"

Comment

I'm not noticing any rattle
                        2019 with 40k

Comment

Mmm they all rattle. Mobile 1 and motorcraft oil filters

Comment

3.5 eccoboost cam phasor

2015 135k miles and only time I have issues is if I push past 10k on oil changes... I’ll get a code about turbo underboost and cam timing... change oil at 10k run royal purple oil and it hasn’t missed a beat.

Fastest, strongest truck I’ve ever owned, including a couple of diesels.

Comment

2019 had a new motor @96k, extended warranty repair as a result of timing chain problems. Dealer told me they were doing 3-4/week. New truck arrived and I never got it back from the shop. Was a great truck other than that small issue lol

Comment

Working...
                              X