Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Casey

I set one up this year as well. I started figure 6 like you but have had great success with a saloon style door with a trip wire. 32 ft diamater with a feeder on the inside. T posts every 2.5 feet. Larger boars and sows will not go in a figure six in pressured areas, they are just too smart. I would recommend doubling up your tposts and adding as many clips as you can. A good size boar will flatten that panel like a pancake with that much space in-between.

Good luck!
    but, they are to smart to go in!

Comment

Nice! Keep killing!

Comment

How you get em to sleep like that?

Comment

Love it!

Comment

I don't always shoot pigs. But when I do, I prefer
            K.A.P

Comment

Well done

Comment

I'm curious if this trap is still working or have they outsmarted it? Any updates?

Comment

Great trap! Genius in its simplicity.

Comment

Best looking trap, way to fill it up right away, I built one out of a bunch of panels with pipe inside a pipe cut and welded like hinges to the panels with the swing drop gate this triggered from a full wire in the middle, I have to wait for the deer to come eat first and then set it otherwise I catch a bunch of does

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                        I'm curious if this trap is still working or have they outsmarted it? Any updates?
                        The one I built and use still works. Their desire for those little golden nuggets outweighs their fear of a cattle panel.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                          I haven't been committed to it like I should be. Maybe when I get more time I'll for it back up. I've caught more in it since but haven't really run it much .

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I haven't been committed to it like I should be. Maybe when I get more time I'll for it back up. I've caught more in it since but haven't really run it much .
                            Thanks for the update. I'm going to try building one and see how it does. The local Tractor supply doesn't have the 50" combo fence like you have. They only have 50" cattle panel or else 34" hog panel. Does anyone have opinions on which I should use?

Comment

Working...
                            X