Ammo trickling back into stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo trickling back into stores

I don't know if I timed it right but had some decent luck picking up a couple of boxes of ammo around Austin. I hit 2 Academy's (they still have a 2 box per day limit), of 9mm Critical defense and 2 boxes of Federal Premium .308; and 5 boxes at Bass Pro (their limit) of the 6.5 Creedmoor 143 gr ELD-X, which ya'll have recommended. Hopefully more and more will come back one the shelfs, and the prices will be back to normal before too long.

Normal? What is Normal nowadays? :-)

Comment

I stopped by Academy in Temple yesterday and they had a good selection of rifle/pistol ammo. They were putting more out on the shelves at 5:30pm when I was there.

Comment

What was the pricing like?

I'm more interested in finding components since all I do is reload, but I might be persuaded to buy some factory ammo and keep it as a backup.

Comment

I found a unicorn last weekend as well. 6.5 PRC 143 ELDX for $44.99 at Academy. They had a two box limit. Hopefully things are trending back in the right direction!

Comment

Started seeing more ammo at academy also prices have increased some .

Comment

Found some .30-06 at Academy this week. They had a bunch of steel case 9, 40, 45, a bunch of .22, and even had .25-06 and 45LC which I haven't seen in a while. Prices were a little higher than pre-plandemic but not anywhere near the ridiculous prices online and in the classifieds.

Comment

The last few days Academy has had the most ammo I've seen there in about a year.

Comment

We should start a PSA sticky for all the dummies who don't stock up when it's available, but love to whine about prices/gouging when it's non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    We should start a PSA sticky for all the dummies who don't stock up when it's available, but love to whine about prices/gouging when it's non existent.
                    No. Let them eat cake. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Just got 2500 rounds of 7.62

Comment

When the neck-beard scalpers begin to anticipate that they won't be able to easily sell stuff at inflated prices, the ammo will magically reappear in quantity. It looks as though that is eminent.

Comment

Academy in Huntsville pulled all ammo from the shelf and has it behind the guncounter. They had 20+ boxes of Federal 308 with Sierra MatchKing. Wished it was GameKing, so i passed. Also had cases of 223, 5.56, and 7.62. Lots of 9mm steel and brass case FMJ. Some Hornady 9mm self defense rounds.
                          Even had 25-06 and 7mm-08. Still no 7mm rem mag which i am in search of. Need to break in a brand new Shilen barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up a flat of 12 gauge 7.5 estate at academy 7.99 a box DANG

Comment

Which academy?

Comment

Working...
                              X