Beware Costa sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaenon fan here .
    Left Costa over 10 yrs ago, and never looked back.

Comment

Costa is so 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Kaenon fan here .
        Left Costa over 10 yrs ago, and never looked back.
        Same, left them years ago.

Comment

I had a brand new pair . The lense cracked while sitting on my face. I was talking to a friend of mine and I heard it crack. Out of the blue.. I called and they wanted to charge me almost 100 bucks to fix the lense . We are talkin a week old . I won't own another pair.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            I had a brand new pair . The lense cracked while_______________ sitting on my face. I was talking to a friend of mine and I heard it crack. Out of the blue.. I called and they wanted to charge me almost 100 bucks to fix the lense . We are talkin a week old . I won't own another pair.
            I feel like you left a few words out of a good story right here. Continue...

Comment

The only problem with Maui Jims, is you have to wear those **** things.

The other brands are ok, Kaenon comes close but the lenses aren't as good and they don't have the color options I want.

Cheap sunglasses are just that. They're **** to wear, hard on your eyes, and they break.

While it's dissapointing, it's not surprising that Costa quit honoring a warranty that so many were abusing and taking advantage of. Nothing is free.

For now, I'm stuck with Costa...because there just isn't anything else out there I'll settle for.

Comment

Has anyone tried Blue Otter sunglasses before?

Comment

Y'all might look at the ROKA sunglasses. They are built for Ironman and triathalon use, so they're meant to hold up well.

ROKA makes patented and award-winning performance sunglasses, prescription eyewear and technical apparel. Designed for athletes and by athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                    man i don't get it. sunglasses have about $1 worth of material to them with the more expensive part being the polycarbonate acrylic lenses with a polarizing film. these are not cutting edge nor expensive (at the volume needed per lens). add labor, transportation, overhead, etc, i can see $20-$40 for a decent pair. I figure it's worth it to pay enough that you don't get glasses that are properly lensed so as to not mess with your vision, but that's not difficult given today's technology. So what's the extra $150 buying?
                    The cool factor ?

Comment

Makes it harder to quit em when you have all their caps and tshirts too!

Comment

It's like heath insurance for a dog, any sunglasses that need a warrantee cost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                          I feel like you left a few words out of a good story right here. Continue...
                          It looks that way huh . Might should have worded that different. Haha

Comment

I just need to know one thing. Are you Costa owners rocking the Costa and Yeti sticker on your truck?

Comment

Try Smith
                              I got tired of Costa’s BS. They are more comfortable as well. Not any cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                The only problem with Maui Jims, is you have to wear those **** things.

The other brands are ok, Kaenon comes close but the lenses aren't as good and they don't have the color options I want.

Cheap sunglasses are just that. They're **** to wear, hard on your eyes, and they break.

While it's dissapointing, it's not surprising that Costa quit honoring a warranty that so many were abusing and taking advantage of. Nothing is free.

For now, I'm stuck with Costa...because there just isn't anything else out there I'll settle for.
                                100% agree, I like my costa , but I have Rx lenses, and am willing to pay when I do something stupid like running them over or not having straps on them and they fall off or blow off
                                My optometrist carry them to so easy adjusting and repair
                                Tuna ally in offshore blue

For Rx sunglasses https://www.sportrx.com/shopby/produ...unglasses.html
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-29-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X