Why you don’t own an AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you don’t own an AR 15

I don’t own an AR 15 but I’m considering purchasing one. I don’t ever see me leaving the state to hunt large game or big game. I definitely can’t see shooting hill country deer with large caliber rifles.
    So, realizing most folks that had AR,s have lost them in boating accidents, stolen outta their vehicles, four wheeler fires etc etc, why don’t you own an AR? Is it a or the wrong caliber for white tail or an all around bad fit for everything even before the political climate change?

I had one DPMS in .223.

Imo it wasn’t enough gun for deer hunting. I prefer bolt action rifles. You only need one good shot to kill a deer. I only used my AR once to hog hunt. Other than that, it was just used for plinking cans and targets. Sold mine about a month ago to another TBH’er. It was just a safe Queen for me.

Comment

They are just fun.

Comment

They look fun, son in law has one, shoots a lot of ammo thru it. I don't have one, and don't really want one. I don't really have a reason, just personal preference i guess.

Comment

I've got one in grendel and it's a deer killing machine.

Comment

I agree. Some of the set ups I’ve seen here are very cool. AC, plinking today would get expensive as well.

Comment

After toting an M 16 around for 3 years I hope to never own another plastic gun.

That goes for rifle, pistol, or shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                I've got one in grendel and it's a deer killing machine.
                No doubt. But does it completely obliterate the opposite shoulder?

Comment

I am very confused by your post.

If you don't shoot deer with a large caliber rifle, what do you shoot them with?

What does that have to do with an AR?

Most people who have AR's have been stolen or lost theirs?

Comment

I think they are cool and enjoy seeing the lengths people go to build them out but I just don't have any use for one. I don't shoot the few rifles I have that much.

Comment

Its a great all around caliber. I sure wish I had one.

Comment

Fun and I’m a gun person. I have guns for many reasons. Some for fun some for hunting some for staying alive and keeping family alive.

Comment

Your forgetting that the AR platform can come in many calibers. Not just 556/223 so you can build/buy for what you plan on hunting. Myself I use my 6.5 grendal all the time. Works great and anything Ive hunted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            After toting an M 16 around for 3 years I hope to never own another plastic gun.

That goes for rifle, pistol, or shotgun.
                            Packed one myself for four years in the M C!

Comment

I have a .458 socom because all my mags only hold 9rds.

Comment

Working...
                              X