X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....or give Royal Ivey a shot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, get whoever you think is the right man for the job. Obviously I don’t care that much, but I do find the dynamics of the hiring process really interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Are Arkansas' facilities better than Tech's and is Musselman's salary bigger than Beard's?? Asking for a friend...
        I am very familiar with the facilities at both programs

as far as the arena goes Arkansas has the edge Walton and United are very very very similar, but Walton has more amenities for the fans and they have more suites

but of course the reality is that really makes no difference to the players other than the "wow" factor when they are being recruited or perhaps a few days a year when they are just loafing around the arena or for their family and friends there to watch the game

Tech could easily match what Arkansas has for an arena though simply by building some suites in the existing concourses and I would not be surprised if that happens the layout is there for it they just need to build the "boxes" and fill them with the fancy stuff instead of having the open views from the concourse

with The Womble Center that should open in a month or two Tech will probably have the upper hand on practice facilities because "new" but the facility for Arkansas is pretty new as well opening in 2016 and about 8,000 sqft larger (not really a meaningful difference and "newer" probably wins there

the overall fan support for Arkansas is deeper and less likely to drop off as much with a bad season, but Tech fans have been through a hell of a lot after Bob Knight and before Beard and Arkansas is having bigger drop offs in BB and Football because of the long term lack of success in both....their fans were all over Musselman earlier this season and about ready to run him off and upset they did not make a play for Beard back when he was at UALR....a lot different now of course

Beard has the west Texas ties though with family and specifically his young daughters in the area and much closer to Lubbock than Austin is and much easier to visit and have visits to him

Beard has a very hot former Tech VB player GF that coaches at Frenship now too.....that is a top job especially in the area and in general it is a great district.....sure Texas could probably get her hooked up with a great job in Austin as well especially if she is willing to wait a year or two, but is she willing to move like that and are her and Beard ready to take their current relationship in that direction?

I know Texas will make a run for him, but everything I have seem with Del it is not his style to money whip a guy simply to get him to the program the guy (or gal) has to want to be there or Del will move on

Texas is probably the one job Beard MIGHT leave for right now and I would not be surprised either way if he leaves or stays I am leaning towards him staying because of longer term stability, family (his daughters are high school age now very formative years), his desire to see what he can do with what he has going in Lubbock, personal relationships (GF) and probably a lack of desire to firm that up right now to the next level

if things stall out at Tech and he is having trouble getting past the sweet 16 or the round of 32 in the next 3 or 4 seasons, but he is still getting to the NCAAs and having a win or two the top programs will still want him and at that time his daughters will be heading to college and his personal relationships will probably be in a different place and it would not be a shock at all if he left

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Says the guy from the hotspot of Lufkin.
        **** ....the other side of the 59 river bridge is where it is at

Comment

My question was facetious... pure sarcasm from the previous discussion. Sorry to make you type so much.[emoji41][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            My question was facetious... pure sarcasm from the previous discussion. Sorry to make you type so much.[emoji41][emoji23]
            I actually read it all. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody said No, yet. Been busy watching the kids win baseball, softball, and soccer games all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Will Shaka survive???

Originally posted by Smeone View Post
                **** ....the other side of the 59 river bridge is where it is at

It shut down, which leaves even fewer reasons to live here. Fortunately, we don’t have to try to convince the hottest name in college basketball to stick around this sheathole.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  The guys that write the biggest checks don't want be made fun of paying a basketball coach more than their football coach in the circles they run. It would show they are not as committed to football as they are basketball in the eyes of many.

I am not for sure which one or ones of the BMD care about basketball to write Beard a $40-50M contract. I know Duval / Baker tandem use to attend a lot of basketball games.

The good news is there are a ton more good coaches in basketball than in football. Texas is opening up a new state of the art basketball arena in 2023 season and the talent in state is very tempting for a coach. Andy Katz of SI said the opening is more attractive than the Indiana job.
                  Um...the city will own that state of the art arena, not UT. Whoren won’t even be able to practice there.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
                    The biggest problem with Tech is Lubbock. No one wants to live there. Middle of nowhere with really nothing going on for it.

Have you been to Austin lately? That place is a cesspool. I would much rather live in Lubbock than Austin. The list of issues with Austin is a mile long, Lubbock does not have those California type of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Have you been to Austin lately? That place is a cesspool. I would much rather live in Lubbock than Austin. The list of issues with Austin is a mile long, Lubbock does not have those California type of issues.

Haven’t been in 5-6 years. Lived there working for Dell in the early 2000’s. Lubbock is fine, but it’s certainly not a high profile place to live or work.

Westlake Hills vs. Flatland isn’t much of a contest unless you’re a cotton farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Don't see Beard leaving for UT or IU. I get that Indiana is a storied program but lets not forget that was a loooooong time ago. I mean known Powers fall off all the time and IU has been no different. Obviously I get the nostalgia of IU but just don't see it as that attractive of a job these especially when the money is the same. I would say the same for UCLA. Lol UCLA, arguably the most storied basketball programs, couldnt even get Jamie Dixon from TCU last year. Beard is a Texan 110% with deep roots and i don't see him leaving any time soon unless maybe Duke or North Carolina open up.

As for UT, not worried about them. UT's culture and Beard's approach would clash immediately. Just doesnt seem like a good fit all around. And if the money is the same dont see him leaving West Texas bc why would he? New state of the art basketball facility, Top 10 recruiting classes, wins, family in WTX and 4th highest paid coach in college basketball. Give me WTX, College Station or Fort Worth any day over weird over crowded Austin.

I think it's time for people to accept that Beard is Tech's coach and might be time to stop throwing his name out there every year as if he wants out bc as he's made it clear he loves where he's at and he's gettin rich doing it.
                        UT arrogance will be unable to accept your sound and logical reasoning.

Comment

UT arrogance will be unable to accept your sound and logical reasoning.

Yeah, hard to imagine a Longhorn leaving a smaller school to lead his high profile alma mater.

Comment

Um...the city will own that state of the art arena, not UT. Whoren won’t even be able to practice there.

Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              Wrong
                              It isn’t owned by the university, it’s owned by a 3rd party, but I’m not sure who the 3rd party is

Comment

Will Shaka survive???

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                It isn’t owned by the university, it’s owned by a 3rd party, but I’m not sure who the 3rd party is

Texas owns the land. Texas owns the building. Texas gets exclusive rights to the first 60 days it chooses (events).

The Oak View Group is paying all construction cost and get to host events when Texas isn’t using it.

Texas is also building a $60 Million basketball practice facility as well. They will practice at the Moody Center as well.

So Texas got the Oak View group to pay the $388M tab to build it and the Moody foundation gave them $130M for naming rights. They own it, don’t have to pay construction cost and pocketing the naming rights.

So......
                                Last edited by Heath; 03-27-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X