Rattle can carbon limbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle can carbon limbs?

I bought some winex limbs from helical and really like how smooth and quiet they are. However, they look like a bass boat and I’m more of a Jon boat kinda guy.

Can they be rattle canned? Should I lightly sand? 😬 Or just prime and paint?

Any tips? Pics of your projects?

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
    I bought some winex limbs from helical and really like how smooth and quiet they are. However, they look like a bass boat and I’m more of a Jon boat kinda guy.

Can they be rattle canned? Should I lightly sand? 😬 Or just prime and paint?

Any tips? Pics of your projects?
    I'm in the hydrographics business and anything that I'm trying to get paint to stick to needs to be roughed up to create a mechanical bond for the paint/primer to stick to if that makes sense.

Comment

If you sand, I wouldn’t use anything rougher than 400 or 600 grit paper. You do not want to sand thru the existing finish into the fiberglass. If you do, you can mess up tiller and lose weight.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Look at limbsations they are stickers that look really nice. You can also use crayons or candle wax to dampen the shine and it’s easily removed if you ever decide to sell them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Done with the krylon camo flat paints and then a few coats of matte clear to protect it...like others said I used a 600 grit to roughy it up just a bit. Has been pretty durable so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            If you sand, I wouldn’t use anything rougher than 400 or 600 grit paper. You do not want to sand thru the existing finish into the fiberglass. If you do, you can mess up tiller and lose weight.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            I wish sand paper was all it took to loose weight.[emoji29]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I wish sand paper was all it took to loose weight.[emoji29]

I think if you ate enough of it you would eventually lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                I think if you ate enough of it you would eventually lose weight.

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Thanks fellas. I rewatched a push vid where he rattle cans some carbon limbs so I think I'll just do that. I have a set of uukha ex1 evo2 but I think I actually like these a little better. The uukhas may have a little more speed but they don't feel as smooth to me.

Comment

I did some carbon foam limbs a couple of weeks ago. I hate white with big logos. Bad pics, sorry about that. That black in the middle picture is actually a shadow. I spent all of fifteen minutes painting those limbs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That looks good .. is it OD green and do you recall which spray paint brand?

Comment

Originally posted by helical View Post
                        That looks good .. is it OD green and do you recall which spray paint brand?
                        That is Krylon Camo. You can get it in flat black, od green, sand, and brown. If you use it, put it on just thick enough to cover so that it won't crack when the limbs flex. I suspect that I can strip it off of those limbs in just a few minutes if I want to.
                        Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 02-24-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                          That is Krylon Camo. You can get it in flat black, od green, sand, and brown. If you use it, put it on just thick enough to cover so that it won't crack when the limbs flex. I suspect that I can strip it off of those limbs in just a few minutes if I want to.
                          Looks good 60 Deluxe, I like – to use OP’s cool term – that “jon boat” color and finish.

Comment

hey PigOps, did you ever get the Win&Win limbs rattlecanned?

Comment

Working...
                            X