Security Camera at Front Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the patience to research this, so I'm coming to the best source for "yeah - we did this"

My auto gate on the main road is 120 yards from my house. What are my options for some kind of camera. I don't need anything that records. I just want a Ring Doorbell that can go that distance. In reality, not sure I care that much about the camera. Really just want a notification when someone pulls up to the gate. Visual would just be a bonus.

What are options?

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    I don't have the patience to research this, so I'm coming to the best source for "yeah - we did this"

My auto gate on the main road is 120 yards from my house. What are my options for some kind of camera. I don't need anything that records. I just want a Ring Doorbell that can go that distance. In reality, not sure I care that much about the camera. Really just want a notification when someone pulls up to the gate. Visual would just be a bonus.

What are options?
    Just a question that might help in someone else aiding. Do you have power at the gate already? Is there a power bank for a gate opener? Or does it need to be completely wireless?

Comment

I use emacros driveway alert system. I get about 250 yards through the woods with them. Great for pigs at the feeder alerts too.

Comment

I have a buddy that is in the access and controls business. I was talking with him yesterday about security cameras for the house we're building, including one at the gate almost half a mile from the house. He recommended a Ubiquiti system to run our fiber internet, security cameras around the house, and a wireless connection to a camera at the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
          Just a question that might help in someone else aiding. Do you have power at the gate already? Is there a power bank for a gate opener? Or does it need to be completely wireless?
          There is a solar panel running the gate. I have to guess there is enough juice left to run something like I'm talking about.

Comment

Dakota alert driveway alarm. Works great and not expensive

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trail camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Beerdonga View Post
                Dakota alert driveway alarm. Works great and not expensive

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
                We are at the dead end of a long private road. I have one driveway alarm down the road about 75 yards from the gate and another on the gate. Get a couple receivers and it will wake you up out of a dead sleep: "Motion: Sensor 1". And then "Motion: Sensor 2". I added a Tactacam cellular camera to send us pics to our phones. Very little traffic on our road but we get a pic of every car that comes to our gate and get notified of every car (and deer) that comes down the road.

We have the eMacros system: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Last edited by Chew; 12-06-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

They make alert systems that are good for certain distances. You can set your alarm distance with a particular sound. For instance, it makes a certain sound when someone rosses your gate, then another sound as they/it gets closer to your home. Or may have a certain color green at the gate, yellow 50 yards from your home, red at the house. 120 yards should not be any problem as far as communication with alarm to base is concerned.

Comment

If you have trees, you can mount tactacam or covert cell cam up about 12’ facing down towards gate entry. Add a solar panel and your in business for pretty cheap. I’ve used this method for couple years and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My gal bought a Camera brand name Arlo from Sam's in Plano. Came with 4 camera's. She can be about anywhere from home to work in Dallas and see someone walking around her house on her watch so it sounds like they work pretty good. She paid $300.00 .

She put one in her bedroom to keep an eye on her failing pooch.

Comment

Will keep an eye on this . My game camera is not reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          We are at the dead end of a long private road. I have one driveway alarm down the road about 75 yards from the gate and another on the gate. Get a couple receivers and it will wake you up out of a dead sleep: "Motion: Sensor 1". And then "Motion: Sensor 2". I added a Tactacam cellular camera to send us pics to our phones. Very little traffic on our road but we get a pic of every car that comes to our gate and get notified of every car (and deer) that comes down the road.

We have the eMacros system: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m going to picking one of these up soon .

Comment

Unless you want to run a cable for power, or have a WIFI repeater for that distance, you might think about a 4G LTE cellular unit that runs on batteries with a solar charger. Just get a unlimited SIMS card for $10-20. And you can get notifications from anywhere on your cell and/or email.

Reolink Go, a mobile CCTV camera with SIM card, operates on 4G-LTE and 3G networks. 100% wire-free and ideal for places with no WiFi and no power sources. It also has starlight night vision, 2-way audio, motion alerts, etc.

They make great game cams too.

Edit: some have SD card slots so they not only send you pics, but record and store on the sims card too.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-06-2022, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Subscribing.....

Comment

Working...
                              X