Vehicle Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Security

With all the trucks being stolen. I am looking for ideas that are kill switch type.

I have seen
    These guys us a plug. the plug looks like crap installed
    Pricing for Ravelco Anti theft device and extra Ravelco plugs. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

This is a throttle controller that has an electronic lock out that kills your throttle off an app or on the touch screen.. ( that screen can be hidden)
    Australia's highest-selling and most trusted throttle controller. Shop Online now. The most intelligent and advanced electronic throttle control to date. Lifetime warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee. Idrive Australia AKA Ultimate 9 EVC Throttle controllers.

This revolutionary immobilizer uses a Theft Avoidance Module that replaces the starter, fuel pump,EFI or engine control relay

This is easy but you have to carry another remote with you

Honestly I am lazy.. So the TBH Smart Asses will come out with some sort of BS response but I do want to keep my truck with me.. I do want it to look nice. I am just looking for ideas.

Any other systems that you know of that work or look like they should work?

Some one needs to come up with a device that lets you deploy the airbag remotely when you have your vehicle stolen and it's on the move! Sorry maybe use one of those bars or cable lock on the steering wheel. Make it visible so if they don't have the tools to defeat they might move on to an easier one. That's what I do and so far so good.

Comment

before all the computerized vehicles, you could put a kill switch on your truck in a hidden place that had to be switched on before you could start it. Not sure how to do that in these new age trucks

Comment

Ive used Ravelco for 30 years and never once had vehicle stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
          before all the computerized vehicles, you could put a kill switch on your truck in a hidden place that had to be switched on before you could start it. Not sure how to do that in these new age trucks
          It is still just as easy. A few years ago on a Chevy truck I had, I removed the fuse for the fuel injectors, then ran a pigtail from the two connections in the fuse box into the cabin, made my own fuse holder for it, and had a hidden switch. It would kill the fuel injectors making it impossible to start the truck. Oh, I also put the wires that I ran into the cabin inside some 1/4” split loom tubing so they looked like factory wires. The whole setup cost about $20 and took about half an hour to finish.

You can do the same thing with any vehicle, and it doesn’t have to be the fuel injector fuse that you tie it all into. You can do the same thing with the fuel pump fuse, ECM fuse, or ignition fuse.

Comment

Ravelco is the best on the market.
            HANDS DOWN.
            Close the thread. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidAXgq9dWc"]Trunk Monkey Bridge | Suburban Auto Group - YouTube[/ame]

TRUNK MONKEY

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                It is still just as easy. A few years ago on a Chevy truck I had, I removed the fuse for the fuel injectors, then ran a pigtail from the two connections in the fuse box into the cabin, made my own fuse holder for it, and had a hidden switch. It would kill the fuel injectors making it impossible to start the truck. Oh, I also put the wires that I ran into the cabin inside some 1/4” split loom tubing so they looked like factory wires. The whole setup cost about $20 and took about half an hour to finish.

You can do the same thing with any vehicle, and it doesn’t have to be the fuel injector fuse that you tie it all into. You can do the same thing with the fuel pump fuse, ECM fuse, or ignition fuse.
                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                X