Security Camera at Front Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
    I tagged this thread to look at it later because one of yall posted a link to a unit that advertised a range of 1 mile. Now its gone.

Anyone remember which one it was?
    Probably Dakota or Mighty Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      Are they cellular? Or Wi-Fi ?

They have both. But for the distance that Trey is looking at, I'd go with a cellular. If the gate were within wifi distance, then wifi would be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        They have both. But for the distance that Trey is looking at, I'd go with a cellular. If the gate were within wifi distance, then wifi would be the way to go.

I’m about the same distance as him .Will check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

I have two Reolink cameras installed and they work perfect on wifi so I just recieved two more to place in other spots around here. Would like to put one at my gate, but it’s about 600’ from my closest router. Praying it will work that far. They came with a solar panel and accepts a mini SD card.
          When my wife lets the dog out I scare her with the voice feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you going to put a gate on the entrance? If so you can add a Flex Gate sensor that has a SIM card through Alarm.com that will let you know every time the gate is open/closed and will also alert you if the gate is left open depending on what parameter you setup. I use this at our place with a Covert camera for picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
              I have two Reolink cameras installed and they work perfect on wifi so I just recieved two more to place in other spots around here. Would like to put one at my gate, but it’s about 600’ from my closest router. Praying it will work that far. They came with a solar panel and accepts a mini SD card.

I can tell you from experience they will not reach anywhere near that far. I have a feeder 100 yards from my back patio and it wouldn’t reach.

I had to put in an Eero extender inside my aerobic septic controller about 1/2 way between to get enough signal for it to work.

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Colter View Post
                Are you going to put a gate on the entrance? If so you can add a Flex Gate sensor that has a SIM card through Alarm.com that will let you know every time the gate is open/closed and will also alert you if the gate is left open depending on what parameter you setup. I use this at our place with a Covert camera for picture.

Man that sounds like a slick set up .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  Man that sounds like a slick set up .

My gate controller has all that built in. It has a wifi card in it and it actually does pick up enough signal to work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Curious if you record to an NVR or to their “cloud”? Also, is there an app to view & control the camera?? How is the functionality?
                    We have several. Some go to a central nvr, I partitioned a bit of my computer hard-drive to be an nvr. I get about 2 weeks of recording for 100gig at lower quality video, i could easily expand, but have been lazy I guess. All easily set up in desktop app.

App on phone and computer are near flawless. I actively use them almost everyday, pan, zoom, presets to quickly jump to specific spots, such as the gate when alarm goes off and i don't want to get out of bed. It can auto jump between positions such as jump to a feeder preset to watch deer, or check for ducks on the pond, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gumbo man View Post
                      chews system works very well. Ask me how i know.
                      :d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post

My dad did this with some special antenna at the house that "shoots" the wifi to his barn which is probably 1/2 mile away. I have the cellular kind but I pay a monthly fee

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good information on this thread about security cameras.

Comment

Working...
                          X