This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    TexasBowhunter.com 2022 Capital One Bowl Mania is up and running.

Password is bowlhunters
    Just submitted mine

Comment

Wait. I finished 27th in Pick Em so I wasn't sure if I was still Bowl Mania Eligible!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I believe once a kid goes into the portal the school doesn’t have to honor their scholarship anymore. It’s a risk for sure if it was the player’s decision.
        Exit meetings have happened for ever.

As a Coach. If a kid enters the pothole. He is telling you, I don't want to be around. Well, I don't want him around no matter how good he is or for the most part now a days, how good he thinks he is.
        Your in Your gone! Double edge sword!

We don't have the pothole in JC. But if a kid tells me he is going to shop around. I tell him adios! If I find out he is shopping around without him telling me. It's Adios. There are still plenty of players out there. Many of them want to be in YOUR spot. I'll give that guy his chance.

Only some schools are giving the guaranteed multi year scholarships. For the most part its at the schools discretion on what they do and don't do. Again being old school I would not do this.

I can't tell you how many times over my career kids on visits or just people out and about find out I am a coach. And they say something like. Well we have been offered a 80% athletic scholarship to TLU. Or my friends son or my niece got a full ride to go to McMurry. I just smile and say well that is awesome, I wish them the best. The whole scholarship thing is a Hey look at us thing or a prestige deal now for many kids and parents. You could give them a $100 voucher for books that any student on campus can apply for and the next thing you know down at the Dairy Queen they are on a full ride. Been some doozies over the years . I need to write a book on it.
        Last edited by Abcdj; 12-07-2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Good ol surly, [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Password is bowlhunters
            In for the Cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Exit meetings have happened for every.

As a Coach. If a kid enters the pothole. He is telling you, I don't want to be around. Well, I don't want him around no matter how good he is or for the most part now a days, how good he thinks he is.
              Your in Your gone! Double edge sword!

We don't have the pothole in JC. But if a kid tells me he is going to shop around. I tell him adios! If I find out he is shopping around without him telling me. It's Adios. There are still plenty of players out there. Many of them want to be in YOUR spot. I'll give that guy his chance.

Only some schools are giving the guaranteed multi year scholarships. For the most part its at the schools discretion on what they do and don't do. Again being old school I would not do this.

I can't tell you how many times over my career kids on visits or just people out and about find out I am a coach. And they say something like. Well we have been offered a 80% athletic scholarship to TLU. Or my friends son or my niece got a full ride to go to McMurry. I just smile and say well that is awesome, I wish them the best. The whole scholarship thing is a Hey look at us thing or a prestige deal now for many kids and parents. You could give them a $100 voucher for books that any student on campus can apply for and the next thing you know down at the Dairy Queen they are on a full ride. Been some doozies over the years . I need to write a book on it.

Hey I resemble that remark, Got one of those $100 voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                Deion is plenty smart and hard work doesn't scare him. I have no idea if he will be successful or not as a coach but I think it was a brilliant move by Colorado. Honestly, what did they have to lose? Hell I am rooting for him. Not that it matters but that dude is also a very good stick when it comes to bass fishing.
                He will have to have an entourage of people to keep him in compliance with a lot of the off field things. At JSU they probably didn't investigate to much. The P5 folks will be keeping a close eye on him I can guarantee you. On the field.. who else did it better. The players will buy into what he has to say there. I get a kick out of watching him and how brutally honest he is with the players. Not much grey area and the players like it and respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                  Hey I resemble that remark, Got one of those $100 voucher.
                  Hey Dru! Good to see your smiling face Hope all is well.

Comment

New facility renovations have begun and long lines for bowl tickets, good vibes. Bright days ahead!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bobby Taylor doing his thing...

Apparently the image is from a show called Ant Farm. Make of that what you will.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Bobby Taylor doing his thing...

Apparently the image is from a show called Ant Farm. Make of that what you will.

I choose to believe [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hook’em Horns!!!

Anyone else see Eyers’ archer buck on Texas Buck Registry yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                            Hook’em Horns!!!

Anyone else see Eyers’ archer buck on Texas Buck Registry yesterday?

Posted earlier in the thread or maybe it was the thread before.

Comment

Password is bowlhunters
                              I'll be getting in once I see if the CFB playoff pairings are revised! I guess I'm starting out 0-1😀🐘

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
                                I'll be getting in once I see if the CFB playoff pairings are revised! I guess I'm starting out 0-1😀🐘

The frogs are a good look!

Comment

Working...
                                X