No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that's a doozy! Congrats to Snoop for sho.
    We need a human saw mill at our camp. Come on over anytime.
    He might get riled up when Arnold Ziffle doesn't show up at the dinner bell next time out. I drive by the crime scene on the way to the lease and chuckle about that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      My beautiful wife and doofus grand daughter!
      I was referring to the one before that with the TCU football player man from back in the day. 😬 With the full shock of hair, the awesome neck roll, and the helmet that the current group should bring back once a year. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I was referring to the one before that with the TCU football player man from back in the day. 😬 With the full shock of hair, the awesome neck roll, and the helmet that the current group should bring back once a year. 👍
        Way way back. Reminder of days gone by when the hair was a plenty and the belly was flat. Eradicator thought it might help. It turned out to be bad juju.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
          The last 4 to 5 days the bucks have really been moving in Jack and Young counties.

First pic is my daughters buck. Others are all Jack county deer.[ATTACH]1110059[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1110060[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1110061[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1110062[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1110063[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1110064[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          You got quite a few nice ones running around! Congrats to your daughter!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Way way back. Reminder of days gone by when the hair was a plenty and the belly was flat. Eradicator thought it might help. It turned out to be bad juju.
            Awesome.

Comment

Did some walking today and found a buck that Plar shot last year. That’s him with it.

Also found a buck MLank shot last year

And found a matching set of sheds from a buck I ended up killing last year. And found a few more random sheds.

Comment

Looks like you had a good walk!

Comment

Yall done good.

Comment

Looking to get a water well drilled in Cottle County. Anyone have a driller they would recommend?

Comment

Me and the boys haven't had much luck since opening weekend. We've seen plenty of deer but nothing to get excited over. Been trapping some coons and trying to get Jake a shot at a pig. The pigs have started showing up pretty consistently right before or right after dark. We are headed out Friday and he's pretty excited. Got a tall, narrow, mature 8 coming in quite a bit too. I may turn him loose on the 8 if we see him this weekend. If not the pigs better change their habits real quick or he's gonna change em for them

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Did some walking today and found a buck that Plar shot last year. That’s him with it.

Also found a buck MLank shot last year

And found a matching set of sheds from a buck I ended up killing last year. And found a few more random sheds.
                        Got any tips for finding sheds? I haven't had much luck unless they are next to a feeder or in a food plot.

Comment

Got skunked on getting a doe again last weekend, could not get away from the young bucks! Hoping to get a hunt in this weekend with the cold front, I bought some Mega Meat broadheads after seeing people raving about them on this site. Really wanna try one out now!

Comment

It’s been a slow year for us, but we have some young hunters, and some old hunters, coming out this weekend to skim some does.

Us middle aged guys (me) are sharpening knives and preparing to work all weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	95421534-4D30-49F0-B2AD-0FC6004A27A6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	24700951

Got the twins deer legal in case a big ol buck or old fat doe decide to come too close. If not Jake will be trigger man on some pigs Saturday!

Comment

Nice work.

I'm trying to go out this weekend to find one specific buck. We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                                X