No announcement yet.

Moving gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved ours 3 times now. It's a Cannon Tall Wide and weighs about 700lbs. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos and ended up using 3 pieces of 3/4" conduit placed under it. I can literally roll it around with one hand. We roll it up to the back of a truck bed, lean it over, and then lift and slide in bed on it's back. Absolutely no issues. I will say, put a rubber floor mat, bed mat under the bottom of it on the ground to keep it from slipping and possibly falling down. Very easy and safe to do if you take your time a little with it.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyk View Post
        Next thing y’all gonna be telling us is there is great ocean front property in Arizona lol
        It must've taken took you awhile to come up with zinger, huh

Lots of good suggestions here, and this is what you bring LOL....
        2 guys can move most 500-600# safes easily enough.

Comment

Mine weighs around 1300# empty

Negotiated delivery at time of purchase

They showed up with a trailer that the whole deck dropped to the ground and had some "tracks" made of neoprene/1x4/bunk slick. Just lay down and 2 guys pushed it through house with ease

Comment

I’ve moved a couple in/out of our previous house and if you work smart it’s pretty darn easy. An appliance dolly and some towels are all I used. Dolly to get in/out of the front door and inside we just put a couple bath towels under and slid it around into place. One was a little over 300lbs and the other almost 700lbs empty.

Micheal

Comment

Appliance dolly to get it on a furniture dolly or 2. That'll get you to a exterior door then back on the appliance dolly to load on trailer. Then just lay it down or strap it down two different directions. That's how I've moved mine and some friends in the past.

Comment

Find some IA's
                Bahahahahaha

Comment

Just bought one last week, got it put in the back of the truck laid down. And a neighbor and I slowly slid it on a furniture dolly and rolled it in the house. Wasn't bad at all except I had to take all the doors off the hinges to get it through the frames.

Comment

What ever you do....be SAFE. Get it

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
                      Get the lifting straps. They make it a lot easier
                      Definitely agree with this. Its amazing how much easier lifting straps make moving something like this!

Comment

I think we are going to hire someone. He wants it up stairs now.

Comment

Working...
                        X