Texas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Deer Season

Anyone else think our Deer season needs to start about 2 weeks later and run 2 weeks later? Just seems our seasons are running longer.
    You can kill a buck until Jan 15th in Oklahoma. Just seems like we don’t get the good late season hunts like we used too.����
    Last edited by murph62; 11-29-2022, 10:54 AM. Reason: Wrong word

you can kill a buck till the end of February in texas But to answer your question no I feel our seasons are fine as they are. I dont really see what acorns have to do with deer season to be honest.

Comment

Nope. By January every buck is broken up in most of the state. Maybe hunt the acorns like a lot of folks do. There are always preferred trees for the deer that the acorns are better to their liking. Back it up and some counties won’t even get to hunt in the rut

Comment

MLD here. I’ll see em in late January

Comment

The only reason Id like it so I wasnt sweating for 2 or 3 weeks.

Concur on acorns. Hunt those instead of guarding a feeder

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            MLD here. I’ll see em in late January
            Lucky!!👍

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              you can kill a buck till the end of February in texas But to answer your question no I feel our seasons are fine as they are. I dont really see what acorns have to do with deer season to be honest.
              We are not mld. It’s tough on my place it’s solid oak trees. Makes it pretty tough when you just bowhunt.

Comment

I'd rather they push back duck season a couple weeks over deer. I like early season hunting for bucks because they seem more patternable still being in bachelor groups and hitting feeders. I might be sweating or having trouble getting them out in daylight but an early cool front can be money!

Comment

Then again I also don't have to worry about acorns, we just got mesquites and a few hackberry's for the most part

Comment

I'd rather they tack the dove split onto dove season and let us dove hunt during warm weather. The split is nice but during primo deer time.

Comment

interesting discussion

Comment

Nope. Shorter buck season on non MLD. Hunt does in late season if you want
                        Let the lucky buck survivors recover.
                        And remove the stupid spike tag from the license.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                          Nope. Shorter buck season on non MLD. Hunt does in late season if you want
                          Let the lucky buck survivors recover.
                          And remove the stupid spike tag from the license.
                          Good point! Especially on the spike extended season! I just miss those good late season cold hunts!

Comment

I wish our rifle/ buck season was not as long as it is personally. I think the quality of bucks would really increase and Texas would starting seeing bigger older bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                              I'd rather they push back duck season a couple weeks over deer. I like early season hunting for bucks because they seem more patternable still being in bachelor groups and hitting feeders. I might be sweating or having trouble getting them out in daylight but an early cool front can be money!
                              Your right! Maybe just let us hunt bucks thru mid January. I miss the good late season cold hunts.

Comment

Working...
                              X