Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    WHAT?
    I highly doubt the 10L80 in my truck is rated this way.
    Hook, line AND sinker

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I guess Ford has “king ranch”…….. GM has a “J.B. Hunt” edition!
      You got that right

Many will not understand the JB hunt edition

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        That's good to hear about the 1/2 ton 10spd. I wish they'd put it in the 3/4ton gas trucks.

A good friend of mine went through 3 HD Ford 10spds behind his 7.3 gas motor in 2 years.
        No ****?
        Ford used to use the same transmission for the diesels and gas motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          Hook, line AND sinker
          The 10L80 is rated for 590 TQ trucks and Subversives
          and the 10L90 is rated for 663 TQ Vettes and Camaros

Aftermarket clutch packs move them up to 1200 ft lbs hot rod Mustangs and Camaros

Ford/Chevy got it right with the 10 spd IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            You got that right

Many will not understand the JB hunt edition
            I kinda do. Been behind these guys drag racing up Ranger Hill more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              That's good to hear about the 1/2 ton 10spd. I wish they'd put it in the 3/4ton gas trucks.

A good friend of mine went through 3 HD Ford 10spds behind his 7.3 gas motor in 2 years.
              I think it was a TCM programming problem that Ford had and has been fixed AFAIK. Ford recalled 47,000 of these to fix the software. https://www.legalscoops.com/ford-f-1...ssion-defects/

In GM you can only get it with the turbo diesel and 6.2 gas in the 1/2 ton trucks. I think the 5.3 gassers still get the 8 speed POS tranny. Certain other models and work trucks get a 6 speed which was a pretty solid trans.

To be fair there have been some reported problems with the GM 10 speed but no where near what Ford has had.
              So what's different? Though the transmission was developed jointly, Ford builds their own in Livonia, Michigan and GM builds their own in Romulus, Michigan.

GM diesel v8's in 3/4 ton and up get an Allison 10spd. Not the same tranny as the 10L80 in half tons.
              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 11-23-2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I think it was a TCM programming problem that Ford had and has been fixed AFAIK. Ford recalled 47,000 of these to fix the software. https://www.legalscoops.com/ford-f-1...ssion-defects/

In GM you can only get it with the turbo diesel and 6.2 gas in the 1/2 ton trucks. I think the 5.3 gassers still get the 8 speed POS tranny. Certain other models and work trucks get a 6 speed which was a pretty solid trans.

To be fair there have been some reported problems with the GM 10 speed but no where near what Ford has had.
                So what's different? Though the transmission was developed jointly, Ford builds their own in Livonia, Michigan and GM builds their own in Romulus, Michigan.

GM diesel v8's in 3/4 ton and up get an Allison 10spd. Not the same tranny as the 10L80 in half tons.
                Kwitit , you’re making my brain hurt

Comment

I bought a 2018 Silverado new after two f150s being junk. Babied and serviced at dealership every routine oil change. Transmission went out just outside warranty around 85k miles. I replaced it and Just hit 100k miles. Seriously thinking of selling and buying a V8 low Mile tundra

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    I bought a 2018 Silverado new after two f150s being junk. Babied and serviced at dealership every routine oil change. Transmission went out just outside warranty around 85k miles. I replaced it and Just hit 100k miles. Seriously thinking of selling and buying a V8 low Mile tundra
                    You’d better hurry- you’re at that 100k mark!

Comment

My coworker and brother had their transmissions go out about 150k miles within a couple weeks of each other. 2012 and 2014 models.

But still some believe they are saving money on better mileage than a tundra! [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        My coworker and brother had their transmissions go out about 150k miles within a couple weeks of each other. 2012 and 2014 models.

But still some believe they are saving money on better mileage than a tundra! [emoji6]

The New tundra’s are exactly that -New in designs! The jury isn’t out on them either

Comment

It has been said to not buy a truck that was built on a Monday or a Friday.
                          Reasons are the workers are too concerned about getting off work on Friday and celebrating the weekend and don't pay attention to detail. Trucks built on Monday suffer from workers having bad hangovers and not paying attention and being sloppy.

There you go. Best advice I can give. Just go shake them dice and roll em. Sometimes you just crap out.

Comment

It has been said to not buy a truck that was built on a Monday or a Friday.
                            Reasons are the workers are too concerned about getting off work on Friday and celebrating the weekend and don't pay attention to detail. Trucks built on Monday suffer from workers having bad hangovers and not paying attention and being sloppy.

There you go. Best advice I can give. Just go shake them dice and roll em. Sometimes you just crap out.
                            Lolol- that’s in Errythane

Comment

The six speed transmission is no better, maybe even worse.

I had to replace mine twice in 150,000 miles in my 2016 Chevy.

What a ****. I'll not be buying another new Chevy pickup, probably ever. I traded it in for a Subaru car for a commuter, and I'll start looking around for an old 1 ton to rebuild maybe in the spring.

Comment

Got my truck back this week. Refurb tranny installed, runs just fine, but i still get the vibration between 70-80mph

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X