Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    Its bad when the other side of the border is safer than our side here
    I see more trail cam photos of immigrants from this side than the other. Im fortunate enough to have been to places on the other side and on the border. Not once did I feel unsafe. Id take my wife to either in a heartbeat. I have however had my share of butt pucker in apartment complexes at night in houston. Only time I was ever shot at was near 1960/45. Thats a long way from laredo

Comment

Originally posted by ElPescador24 View Post
      After thinking about it a little more, we may be better off because we're so close to the river. It's only a 1-2 mile walk and you're off our lease and on the paved road. So there's not much reason to stop and break into a camp or cut fences to drive in and pick up illegals.

I can see how the ranches that are further in have these sorts of problems. The illegals have been walking for miles through rough country and may run out of water, food, etc. So they break in somewhere to get rations. I assume the fence cutting and driving through fences probably happens closer to the check points, where they're trying to get around them.
      I think this is my situation.

My lease has about 7 mi of water frontage on Amistad. The past few years the activity is constant, but typically they pass through and don't touch a thing.
      We showed up to the house lived in/trashed one time, found one dead person in a deer bling once, and have had lease members see people a dozen times or so over the past 5 years. We started locking all the blinds and don't spend a waking moment without a sidearm. Also I keep my truck keys on me instead of leaving them at camp.

We had to rebuild the porch on our camphouse this year after a spring storm blew it off. A week later after it was built, there is pencil writing on it in messy spanish. It's a real reminder when you see that right at the house of where you are.

Comment

It sucks but I still feel safer in the brush country than in any **** city!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          In east Texas they have taken over every gas station and built taco stands in them.

I’m 30 lbs overweight because of it

This totally cracked me up. They can cook tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt north of Comstock and when I was opening the ranch gate this past Friday, I heard a whistle and turned around to see two "walkers" pop outta the brush. The oldest one, probably mid 30's said they were lost and needed help. I told them the BP would help them and I'd call them for them. He just looked at me. Then, I badged him and told him I was the popo and that he better shag arse. Him and his buddy headed south on 1024 back towards Comstock. I chuckled because they were headed the wrong way.

I called the BP and they sent a couple of units up to look for them but I' don't' know if they found them.

I've had several encounters on two different west Texas leases.

Comment

I guide on 12000 acres 18 miles north of Laredo and haven't seen one in several years. I think it's as safe as it's ever been. I haven't heard of any hunters getting shot at or killed.

Comment

Originally posted by ElPescador24 View Post
                After thinking about it a little more, we may be better off because we're so close to the river. It's only a 1-2 mile walk and you're off our lease and on the paved road. So there's not much reason to stop and break into a camp or cut fences to drive in and pick up illegals.

I can see how the ranches that are further in have these sorts of problems. The illegals have been walking for miles through rough country and may run out of water, food, etc. So they break in somewhere to get rations. I assume the fence cutting and driving through fences probably happens closer to the check points, where they're trying to get around them.
                For the ones trying to actually get away it does not make sense to attract attention close to the border or shortly after they cross… additionally, that area across the border is easy access and populated so you are correct in that they have enough supplies when crossing. They haven’t walked very far on either side of the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                  This has not been my experience hunting S. Texas. We’re in Western Webb Co. north of Laredo. We’re not far from the border. We haven’t seen an illegal in person or on camera and we haven’t had anything broken into etc. I guess we’re lucky, or not on a travel route, or maybe we’re in the red zone on the cartel app bc the landowner is there all the time.

We bring our families there but we stay armed and keep trucks and guns locked etc. Maybe I better knock on wood for saying the above but I wanted to let the op know not all of S TX is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You are in a “safe” area… illegals entering in northern Webb turn north east and get out of that district and into the 5th circuit district… illegals apprehend in the 5 the district can’t not be prosecuted for illegal entry unless you take them to court in the district they entered in… it’s a justification thing… with the amounts of folks coming in these days it’s almost impossible to coordinate prosecution for those crossing in northern Webb and heading northeast…

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                    I think this is my situation.

My lease has about 7 mi of water frontage on Amistad. The past few years the activity is constant, but typically they pass through and don't touch a thing.
                    We showed up to the house lived in/trashed one time, found one dead person in a deer bling once, and have had lease members see people a dozen times or so over the past 5 years. We started locking all the blinds and don't spend a waking moment without a sidearm. Also I keep my truck keys on me instead of leaving them at camp.

We had to rebuild the porch on our camphouse this year after a spring storm blew it off. A week later after it was built, there is pencil writing on it in messy spanish. It's a real reminder when you see that right at the house of where you are.
                    Beautiful area, worked it for 20 years…

Comment

We have a place in Uvalde and one corner is close to the RxR tracks we get traffic crossing, a lot we have yet to have any theft or tearing anything up other than they just started cutting our fence in places. We have talked to the BP & ST's, they said beings our place is so close to the tracks the illegals are probably not going to stay in the main house or stands because the train is the free ride out. But overall we was told to always carry and do not confront unless you had to and be ready to use, because most are cartel and will take you out. I also have young kids and I don't leave them at the house alone anymore if I am out hunting or working on the ranch. Main thing is "Expect the Unexpected" at all times if you chose to hunt in the are of traffic

Comment

If I had kids or wife in camp,I would definitely have a camp dog or dogs
                        The headquarters at the San roman is 100% trashed, Lisa the owner had some break in’s
                        Put bars on the windows and doors, coyotes just hooked a chain to the bars and ripped them out to use the house for a stash house. The fence and gates are a revolving project of repairs , being a absentee LO she has her hands full no doubt

Comment

Had a few recent mules come through the Rock Springs area..or I'm guessing mules anyway.
                          Attached Files

Comment

21 years of leasing 10miles north of the River.
                            I have always said.

The better lifers are still being sneaky and are trying to get out of there.
                            The cartel has bigger and better stuff than I do so they do not care about me.

When I was in Del Rio before it all got crazy the better lifers always jacked with camp when no one was around.

Comment

I talked to a caterpillar salesman yesterday that hunts in Edward county, he said their having so much trouble that they leave their camp house unlocked so they quit breaking in.
                              I don’t understand this, democrats don’t need the votes anymore since they started stealing elections?

Comment

Last year was bad on our place in Carrizo Springs, gate got smashed through and fence driven over in multiple places. Been quiet this year but I know they are still coming through. Only known damage this year is a cut gate lock. Still feel safe down there but always carry a pistol just in case. No hesitation bringing my kids and wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X