Cook Children's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook Children's?

Anyone know what is going on at Cook Childrens or in the area? My wife is a nurse there and they have called her twice in the last 15 minutes with a recording that there is "illegal activity" and they have initiated an emergency protocols. They aren't letting anyone leave. Hope everyone is ok.

Got the all clear text. I guess it was locked down for 45 minutes. She never had that happen in her 14 years.

Comment

I’m sure you’re relieved. Would be curious to know what caused the brief initiation of emergency protocols.

Comment

I hope it was just an electronic hiccup.

The greatest humans in the world work at Cooks, and our whole area should mobilize if anyone were to try to get stupid down there.

Seriously, that place is staffed by angels….if anyone has ever been there, they know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gotta agree with Dale. Nurses rock!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            I’m sure you’re relieved. Would be curious to know what caused the brief initiation of emergency protocols.

My guess is that all hospitals are on heightened alert after the Methodist shooting.

I was in hospital admin at a large hospital and labor and delivery was always put on the back burner when it came to security. My wife still works there and Methodist put security to the forefront for these areas.

I’m sure Cooke’s has always been secure but they might be taking extra precautions.

Comment

She had to work today so she was there at 630. No official word yet on what happened, but the rumor was a dad went ballistic and threatened ER staff. Maybe there is heightened security after the incident at Methodist. One thing she did say was that she fully trusts the security staff there. She said they have some top notch security and tons of plans in place. It is an excellent hospital and I am sure the security staff is just as good at what they do as the doctors and nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I hope it was just an electronic hiccup.

The greatest humans in the world work at Cooks, and our whole area should mobilize if anyone were to try to get stupid down there.

Seriously, that place is staffed by angels….if anyone has ever been there, they know what I mean.

^^^this!!!
                My son spent a little over a year there. Angels indeed!
                Dr Bowman is an amazing!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X