No announcement yet.

Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly excited or confident in Verlander tonight. Hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Weird series. Alternating dominance.

I agree with this.
      It's all tied up, 2/2 with both teams scoring 15 runs each thus far.

Go Stros!

Comment

I believe mo is on the side of the Astros.

Comment

Verlander is a hall of famer minus his failure to win a single WS game. You have to pitch him but I’d gank him after the second Philli hit No Mater how he was pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Weird series. Alternating dominance.
            Phillies have only scored 2 runs in last 3 games combined when they didn’t know what pitch was coming. They have to be a little worried about that.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              I take it you don’t think McCullers is elite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              he can be pretty **** good when he is on, but he wasn't on in Game 3. Hopefully JV brings his stuff in Game 5, but I sure as hell wouldn't wait too long to find out.

Comment

Last night was the absolute perfect punch in the mouth the Stros had to give to slow the Philly's roll. Really really really need to get the W tonight as I think tonight might be the deciding game.

Rooting for JV to finally throw a dirty 7 inning game and get his first WS W.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                  Phillies have only scored 2 runs in last 3 games combined when they didn’t know what pitch was coming. They have to be a little worried about that.
                  This is how I feel about it. Without McHomers tipping the pitches the Phillies have really not been impressive with the bats. I think it all pieces together tonight to be a dominant performance by the Astros tonight.

JV is due a W.
                  Altuve and Alvarez are also both due bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Yeah back in the day Smoltz would have lost his **** if he was tossing a no no and someone in the dugout started talking about it. I watch the game with the tv on mute. I can’t stand listening to him call the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Smoltz never mentioned it until it was over. You could almost tell he was cringing when the other dude mentioned it. I'm different than others. I actually enjoyed Smoltz's insight into the game. I am NOT a baseball aficionado and appreciated it.

Comment

I felt like Smoltz spent time talking smack (as usual) till the 5th and his attitutude changed like the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I felt like Smoltz spent time talking smack (as usual) till the 5th and his attitutude changed like the fans
                        I picked up on that as well

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          He is sucha boot licker. I could hear Joe Buck jr in his voice and delievery. I told my wife in the 7th how quite the announcers were vs. when they started the game. Also around the 5th or 6th he was still licking NOLA's boots. Astros get no love and I am completely OK with that.

Go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Last night was the absolute perfect punch in the mouth the Stros had to give to slow the Philly's roll. Really really really need to get the W tonight as I think tonight might be the deciding game.

Rooting for JV to finally throw a dirty 7 inning game and get his first WS W.
                            Agree!!! The way I look at it, the odds are in Verlander's favor. Honestly, how man WS games can a hall of famer loose??? He is way overdue for a W.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              Smoltz never mentioned it until it was over. You could almost tell he was cringing when the other dude mentioned it. I'm different than others. I actually enjoyed Smoltz's insight into the game. I am NOT a baseball aficionado and appreciated it.
                              I think Smoltz is the best color guy in baseball. His insights into pitching are amazing.

Comment

Mattress MAC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X