Pig in a trap how long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig in a trap how long.

How long will a pig survive in a trap without water? I’ve got a big pig coming every afternoon and want my dad to set the trap on Thursday and hopefully catch him. I won’t be up there until Friday night to take him out. My dad cannot physically remove the pig from the trap on his own. I’m thinking maybe 200 pounds
    Attached Files

Depends on if the trap stays in the shade all day. If so right now it I’ll be fine

Comment

he will be fine , its not all that likely that you will catch him in the trap immediately anyway,, weather's also pretty cool so less need for water

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        Depends on if the trap stays in the shade all day. If so right now it I’ll be fine
        Yes it’s In the trees off to the side. I just really want this dude off the farm

Comment

It's a pig. Set the trap.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            he will be fine , its not all that likely that you will catch him in the trap immediately anyway,, weather's also pretty cool so less need for water
            He goes in the trap several times a week. I just have the gate tied open. So it does not close on him while I’m not there

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
              I fall in this category.

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
                X2

Comment

Catch him. in this weather he will be just fine. If I'm wrong, you still got rid of a big stinky.

Comment

temps are cool enough you will be ok. set it and forget it for a day

Comment

I won't make anything suffer. But he should be fine a couple of days. Set the trap Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        I won't make anything suffer. But he should be fine a couple of days. Set the trap Wednesday.
                        That’s what I was thinking

Comment

In this weather he will be fine

Comment

I caught one at 7:30 in the morning. by 3:00 he was dead. I think he wore himself out trying to get out. Mean sucker. I checked at lunch and went back at 3.

Comment

Even for a pig I feel you should be humane. Not always will you catch a pig in a pig trap. If I can’t monitor it I won’t set it. He’s coming out in the day time and deer season is pretty much over. Zap him with an arrow. It will be fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X