Scale Model Shows January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale Model Shows January

I know there was a thread on here in regards to scale models not too long ago so I know some of you are interested. It’s January maybe some of you are looking for something to do now that the general deer season is over.

This weekend in New Braunfels the San Antonio IPMS chapter will be holding model fiesta at the New Braunfels Civic Center. www.modelfiesta.com. The date is Saturday, January 8th from 9 to 4. If you build models or if you want to see some truly remarkable works of art including airplanes, ships, street cars and military vehicles, come check this out.

Then on January 22 at the Museum of the American G.I. in College Station, we will be holding Winterblitz which is a military scale armor contest. Everything from tanks to howitzer in all scales. www.winter-blitz.com. The show also run from 9 to about 4 and will have some of the best military armor modelers in Texas and surrounding states attending. Come check out the contest and come check out the museum it’s a pretty cool place if you’ve never been.

Come geek out for an afternoon. These guys who build these models for their lives into them and they definately like people looking at them. I have attached a few of my entries for Saturday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3E687B17-C4BD-4177-AE58-EB57B664E822.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	25271479

Name:	9CE42E73-16FA-423D-B6F6-B16027B1E227.jpeg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	25271480

Name:	10AAE91B-5175-4574-9611-9FBFB96D5C00.jpeg
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	25271481

Nice work AHT! As a kid I built dozens of hot rod car models. Custom airbrushed paint jobs, scuff the tires so they looked used, add spark plug wires, burnt rubber on the quarter panels and the hole nine yards! Sure wish I could attend!

Comment

Nice work, I have always been amazed at the detail in these models, really amazing work.

Comment

Thank you both. In regards to the hot rod cars… man those guys take it to an extreme level as you mentioned. I do not build hot rod cars but I appreciate looking at what those builders put together. Same with airplanes… they take it to a sick level!!! Crazy detail.

Comment

Very nice work, and that takes a lot of talent. Amazing details.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
            Very nice work, and that takes a lot of talent. Amazing details.
            Thank you. My stuff is good enough to bring to the show but probably won’t win any major prizes. There’s a whole higher level!

Comment

Seeing those I immediately smell Testors from my dad making model planes back in the 70’s.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                Seeing those I immediately smell Testors from my dad making model planes back in the 70’s.
                Ah… but now there are acrylics which dry faster and are much easier to clean up… and no more interesting smells of Testors. The modern paints offered are game changers.

Comment

And it’s looking like a rainy weekend … perfect weather to geek out at a model show!

Comment

Working...
                  X